Author Topic: New tyres  (Read 4579 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: New tyres
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2018, 05:56:53 PM »
Auto Express did a tyre test here:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/91856/tyre-reviews-best-car-tyres-2017

Continental was ranked top, whilst Dunlop and Kumho were in the Top 5.

Auto Bild the parent company of Auto Express is based in Germany,  no surprise then that all things German appear high up in their tests.........
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

melanogaster81

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2018, 10:05:03 PM »
I did buy some toyo and I am happy with them.... obviously  I am not speeding and run my Jazz with a quiet pace  but they grip well and I have not concerns in the wet... I read the review of autoexpress and got scared by the Toyo marks... then I search other tyre tests and found different verdicts for the same tyre.... So I am wondering whether the differences between test may depend on personal feelings (in part) and also to the dimension of the tyres that they are testing...

JohnAlways

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.2i-VTEC S (AC) 2013
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2018, 09:22:32 AM »
Happy New Year everyone. I've not seen it in this post but a few years ago when I joined there was a lot of criticism regarding Jazz's and road noise, how different tyres are much noisier on the Jazz than others and Michelin ES came out the best compromise for grip, longevity and noise.

I'm thinking about changing to tracks (as in tank tracks) for my Jazz, so I can get across the pot holes without falling in though with the recent rain maybe swapping to a landing craft might be more appropiate :P 

John A

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Honda Jazz CVT
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2018, 09:59:32 AM »
Getting some Vredestein Quatrac 5 all season tyres fitted soon. Hopefully they'll be not too bad in the winter and good in the summer.

For summer the joke about the 4 seasons in Alaska is appropriate. The question is what are the 4 seasons in Alaska? The answer, June, July, August and winter  ;D

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2018, 10:07:20 AM »
I did buy some toyo and I am happy with them.... obviously  I am not speeding and run my Jazz with a quiet pace  but they grip well and I have not concerns in the wet... I read the review of autoexpress and got scared by the Toyo marks... then I search other tyre tests and found different verdicts for the same tyre.... So I am wondering whether the differences between test may depend on personal feelings (in part) and also to the dimension of the tyres that they are testing...

Or if the magazine testing them is actually a German trade magazine LOL
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything