Author Topic: MOT History online check  (Read 5593 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
MOT History online check
« on: November 01, 2015, 06:46:25 PM »
You can now check the MOT history of any car using this free service:

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

Useful also for finding out if your old car(s) are still on the road!

« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 03:02:34 PM by RichardA »

TonyS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2008 1.4 EX
Re: MOT History online check
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 08:17:14 PM »
Thanks for the link Richard, I already use a similar link that checks if a vehicle is taxed and when the MOT is due.

I've just used this new MOT history check on my current car and would advise anyone who has a personalised number plate to check that the MOT history of their car is correct.

Mine appears to have gained additional MOT tests and consequently incorrect MOT history which relate to my previous car which carried the same number plate. I can tell that these tests and information are from my previous car as the dates and mileage figures all tie up with the MOT and other documents which I kept from the previous car.

Although I am not about to change my current car any time soon it could put off many potential buyers if they used this check service as the mileage on my previous car was significantly higher than my present car.

The website does state that this is a beta service and to provide feedback to improve the service so needless to say I will be doing so and I would advise anyone who has a personalised plate to check that their MOT history as shown on the website is correct.

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 03:04:58 PM »
Thanks for pointing that out regarding personalised number plates.

Broken link replaced in original topic.

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 05:24:01 PM »
Just checked the reg number of my last Jazz (WK11UFE) which I traded in at the end of April and details of the vehicle could not be found on the Gov.uk MOT site, surprising as it passed an MOT inspection in March. I wonder were it has gone, abroad perhaps?

I was amazed to see that my first ever car is still on the road. XJY117 Sunbeam Alpine first registered 1st January 1963. It was black when I owned it in the early 1970s but is now white so it must have had a total strip down to change the colour so dramatically. I bought it from a friend of mine who did some bodywork repairs on it and wanted to respray it white but it was going to be too much trouble so he kept to the original colour. Also on the Gov.uk site the mileage is recorded as 50000. When I owned it the mileometer went around the clock so it had covered more than 100000 miles when I sold it in the mid 70s.

I remember that car well. a years insurance cost £35. To get that into perspective I was taking home £5 a week as an apprentice.

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 08:17:47 PM »
The MOT History check now displays the name and address where the MOT was carried out.

And the Cazana site gives information on how many owners a car's had. For some reason not all dates of ownership changes are listed but the number of previous keepers appears to accurate:

https://cazana.com/uk

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 08:22:38 PM »
Checked the Cazana site and it says my car has done 883,489 miles. Looking well considering!

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 10:09:34 PM »
Interesting, Richard. Thanks!

I checked mine. With it's personal plate. Which has been used on several, previous cars.....
All in order. First MOT due, March 2018.

David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 06:48:51 PM »
According to the MOT history, my first Jazz is now in Cambridgeshire.

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 07:04:16 PM »
Just checked my car on the cazana site and the limited information is correct.  Also it gives the current valuation, but is the figure quoted what you would expect to pay now or is it the trade-in value?

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 07:33:18 PM »
Having just had my Jazz valued by a Honda dealer for partex I would say the Cazana price is the price to purchase.

Vic.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 06:59:37 PM »
Yes, Cazana always look like retail values to me.

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2017, 06:45:32 PM »
The MOT History check now tells you if any outstanding recall work is due but no longer lists the MOT station for each test ("Test location unavailable until further notice"). I wonder if someone had a moan under the Data Protection Act?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 08:18:01 PM by RichardA »

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2017, 09:23:35 PM »
The MOT History check now tells you if any outstanding recall work is due but now longer lists the MOT station for each test ("Test location unavailable until further notice"). I wonder if someone had a moan under the Data Protection Act?
Yes, I noticed that too. I thought it was a bit funny when they started listing the MOT station, you previously had to enter the MOT test number and/or logbook reference number to get that.

Tags:

anything