2 (18.2%)
Non-UK model
2 (18.2%)
1.5 Turbo Sport manual
1 (9.1%)
1.5 Turbo Sport CVT
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: What Honda HR-V do you own?  (Read 21861 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
What Honda HR-V do you own?
« on: August 27, 2015, 08:29:42 PM »
What Honda HR-V do you own?

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
Re: What Honda HR-V do you own?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 10:26:03 PM »
Don't actually own it yet, but just paid deposit today and take delivery on 12th December.
Its the Hr-v 1.5 I-vtec EX CVT in Morpho Blue pearl.
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 08:20:09 AM »
Collecting on Wednesday my nearly new Modern Steel Metallic 1.6 diesel EX. Can't wait.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 10:53:32 AM »
Collecting on Wednesday my nearly new Modern Steel Metallic 1.6 diesel EX. Can't wait.

HR-V is one of the 'other manufacturers' vehicles under scrutiny over emissions as a result of VW cooking the books (well incinerating them really by pumping extra urea into DPF when software detects 'testing mode').
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 02:29:25 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

richardfrost

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 04:47:30 PM »
I get that you don't like diesels. Not sure how this would affect me as a private buyer. I drove the petrol and the diesel and the latter was just more responsive and pulled better on the steep hills where I live. I have driven diesels since 2001 with the exception of my current Jazz, and I have had none of the mechanical issues you mention elsewhere, so I reckon I'll take my chances. What's the worst case? My Road Tax might go up from £20 to £110 like it is now on my Jazz?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 03:30:37 AM by richardfrost »

guest5208

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 12:57:43 PM »
Took delivery of a 1.6 SE Navi, Modern Steel, end of September.

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 09:18:49 PM »
I get that you don't like diesels. Not sure how this would affect me as a private buyer. I drove the petrol and the diesel and the latter was just more responsive and pulled better on the steep hills where I live. I have driven diesels since 2001 with the exception of my current Jazz, and I have had none of the mechanical issues you mention elsewhere, so I reckon I'll take my chances. What's the worst case? My Road Tax might go up from £20 to £110 like it is now on my Jazz?

If it has to be adjusted to meet emissions it may lose some punch and fuel economy may suffer slightly.
I will be surprised and disappointed if Honda are involved in the scandal.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 05:34:19 PM »

If it has to be adjusted to meet emissions it may lose some punch and fuel economy may suffer slightly.
I will be surprised and disappointed if Honda are involved in the scandal.

Story isn't over yet,  after Volkswagen-gate governments may well introduce a NOx tax,  and guess what no diesel engine yet made (or likely to be made) will be able to meet even todays lax standards (maybe in the laboratory,  but not in real life) - when huge car makers like Toyota and Honda label Diesel technology as 'a dead end emissions wise'  and Europe (which ignored them and went head first down that dead end) excludes them from emission talks because of their 'bad attitude' - well 'Houston. we have a problem'.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 05:50:24 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

richardfrost

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 11:45:14 PM »
I can think of only one reason for you to keep raising this in this thread, and that would be to take the edge off my shiny new car. Well, thanks for that.

The U.K. Government have said they will not punish UK car buyers for anything a manufacturer has done. Why don't we leave it at that and discuss diesel technology in a diesel technology thread where people can find the subject, rather than here where we are discussing our new cars.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 11:47:26 PM by richardfrost »

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2015, 07:01:59 PM »
I can think of only one reason for you to keep raising this in this thread, and that would be to take the edge off my shiny new car. Well, thanks for that.

Hi,
Hows your new car going? Are you happy with it?
Still waiting for mine. 20 days to go.

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2020, 11:35:44 AM »
I have now joined those who have moved to an HRV from a Jazz. Its the Sport model, 3 months old and used by Listers Group Finance Director. I have only had it a day but I can only say "Wow". Excellent performance from the turbo 1.5 engine and everything equipment wise that I wished for. Only thing is I think  I will need a small stepladder to clean the roof!

I decided to go for the HRV instead of the new Jazz as I had concerns about the 109ps hybrid system providing adequate performance for my needs and also I am not really struck by the appearance of either the EX or Crosstar variants.

Once again many thanks to all at Listers Honda Solihull for sorting out an excellent deal and making the whole process so enjoyable. This must be my eighth car from them.

I am not able to update the poll as neither the Sport nor Platinum Grey are available choices.

I suppose I also need a new forum name as I haven't owned a Jag since 2016 and now no longer own a Jazz!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 11:37:16 AM by JazzandJag »

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2020, 05:52:00 PM »
Welcome to the HR-V club.  :) You'll find some familiar names at https://www.hrvforums.co.uk/index.php . I hang out there as well as keeping a finger in here in case a future Jazz is sufficiently tempting (I want to try out the low end torque which the Mk. 4 Jazz should have).

Unless you are very tall a step-stool comes useful for cleaning the roof. On the other hand, however, most people can't see that it's dirty!
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags:

anything