Author Topic: Premium Rate Lines for booking a Service, what next?  (Read 7169 times)

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
Premium Rate Lines for booking a Service, what next?
« on: September 02, 2013, 08:22:44 PM »
My local Honda dealer now uses 0844 Premium Rate numbers for Customers to call when booking their car in for a Service, then when you get through you no longer talk to someone on Workshop Reception but to a call centre. The 0844 numbers are also shown on the Honda UK web site.

The call centre seems more interested in checking the dealer database than booking a Service for the car. What has happened to Honda Customer Service and building Customer Relationships. If you do finally get put through to Workshop Reception you often just get  an answer phone.

If I wanted poor mass market Customer Service I would not have bought a Honda, I expected better. Am I expecting too much by thinking I would be treated as a valued customer and not just a marketing database entry.

Honda makes really good cars but I getting more and more disappointed with the after sales service in my area. The only problems I have had so far have been those introduced by the dealer.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 08:34:33 PM by csp »

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
Re: Premium Rate Lines for booking a Service, what next?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 10:37:57 PM »
http://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/aug/06/premium-rate-084-087-complaints-lines
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/consumer-marketing/rights-contracts/directive/index_en.htm

To be enacted into UK law on 13 June 2014.

Article 21:

"Member States shall ensure that where the trader operates a telephone line for the purpose of contacting him by telephone in relation to the contract concluded, the consumer, when contacting the trader is not bound to pay more than the basic rate."

guest3735

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 03:13:58 AM »
while my local dealer is covered by a local number.... the call itself goes to a call centre at group head office in redditch. somewhat confusing to hear a brummie accent when you're thinking you should be talking to the guy whose card you got the number off..... i suppose it's only a matter of time until they catch on to the premium rate idea..... although there is a way round it.

go to say no to 0870 . com and they will usually provide an equivalent local rate or sometimes even free number. works for most companies.... even the likes of tax offices and DVLA ;D

guest907

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 06:50:24 PM »
Quite often the dealer will be listed in lots of other 'old info' contact websites which contain the standard landline number. Do a Google search for the dealer name and see what else comes up..

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 12:55:15 PM »
either tell the dealership what you think or dont use them

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 01:19:51 PM »
Physically visit the Service Manager and tell him bluntly what you think.
And go elsewhere.

They are ruining their reputation for a few pounds.

Tags: