Author Topic: Back to Honda after many years!  (Read 4696 times)

guest4038

Back to Honda after many years!
« on: May 03, 2013, 04:20:53 PM »
Hi there. We're trading in our Kuga for a Jazz next Wednesday as we realised that, nice car though the Kuga was, a diesel with DPF just wasn't suitable for the mainly short journeys we typically do. Initially we were after a hybrid but the sales advisor at our local Honda dealer suggested plain petrol as the price premium on the hybrid would take too long to be recovered by the difference in economy. So we settled on an ex-demo Sept 2012 reg ES 5dr CVT in black with 1100 miles on the clock. I insisted on a space-saver spare as I have no faith in the goo they otherwise supply - particularly with the potholes we have around here. I have only owned 2 Hondas before - a CB250 Benly in the 60s and an Accord estate in the 80s, both gave good service and I'm hoping the Jazz does the same!

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Back to Honda after many years!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 06:55:02 PM »
Good choice I sold our Subaru to come back to another Jazz

guest4038

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 07:42:10 PM »
Good choice I sold our Subaru to come back to another Jazz
Thanks for that olduser!

guest3824

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 07:54:09 PM »
Welcome back to the fold.

The jazz is a superb car which, despite my initial scepticism before test driving it, i love!!

Bulletproof honda motoring is the way forward.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk 2

guest4038

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 12:27:08 PM »
Cheers Jazzmatt!  :)

Jazz Hands

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 Si
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 12:33:58 PM »
good choice, after many years of car ownership I now have the perfect family garage

Jazz Si for the missus and grand children, plus I dont feel stupid driving it
M135i for me

guest4038

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 03:05:08 PM »
Thanks, Jazz Hands (great name BTW!). 
Main driver of the Jazz will definitely be her ladyship because I mainly have to use my L200 which she will only drive when there’s no alternative!  ;)

guest4038

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 09:06:10 AM »
Just an update really. We're basically very pleased with the Jazz after about 6 months.
It's returning between 52 & 54 mpg in mainly local driving on A roads & country lanes - that's actual full-to-full mpg, the onboard display is more generous by 2-3 mpg.
I did the first major journey of about 120 miles each way (M11/M25/M40) earlier this week and it still did more than 50mpg despite maintaining 70mph where possible. OK there is wind-noise at speed but not too bad and it does struggle to maintain speed even on motorway gradients but that's the price you pay for the small engine/long gearing that gives the economy I suppose.
Two minor niggles: I wish there was a positive indication that the AC is ON rather than the tiny message that it is OFF and the windscreen wiper arrangement which always results in a streak from the edge of the shorter one that isn't cleared by the longer one - bit obsessive I suppose! ;)

Tags: