Author Topic: engine speed  (Read 5670 times)

guest2925

engine speed
« on: October 17, 2012, 06:58:20 PM »
hi anybody had any problems with tickover,when i come to stop engine revs seem to hold at 750rpm for a few seconds,till they drop to 550/500rpm,also sometimes when changing gear the engine speed seems to hold at 2000rpm,making it
feel as if you have to hold clutch down till engine speed drops,especially a problem when you need a quick getaway

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
Re: engine speed
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 07:23:33 PM »
Don`t you think the throttle body is dirty and need some cleaning? Probably the valve sticks around the default position. I`d get the air filter out and have a look into the top left hole how clean is the throttle valve around the edges. If it`s dirty get some carb cleaner, get the air filter housing out and clean the valve.
Throttle body: http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual/A00/HTML/07/SAA2E07A20336359401KDAT00.HTML
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 07:31:02 PM by DV »

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 08:41:17 PM »
our cars hasn't got a throttle cable like yours, the new jazz/fit is drive by wire and you could damage it by poking about in the throttle body valve especially if the engine is running or the key is in the accessory position
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 08:43:24 PM by monkeydave »

DV

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 05:22:16 AM »
our cars hasn't got a throttle cable like yours, the new jazz/fit is drive by wire and you could damage it by poking about in the throttle body valve especially if the engine is running or the key is in the accessory position

If that is the case than I`d suggest to have a look if any dirt is there.
If it`s dirty I`d get the throttle body off and clean it in hand or take it to the garage and hook the computer on.

guest2925

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 07:42:14 PM »
sorry should have said it's GE 1;4,been to dealers to;day tried to explain fault,booked in for wed.,it's still
 under manufacturers warranty till DEC,see what happens,thanks anyway

DV

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 07:44:43 PM »
Please report back what was wrong (after fixed)!

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 09:50:00 AM »
Give it a couple of squirts of carb cleaner.  It also could be a sensor (temperature, air-flow) not transmitting properly.
If music be the food of love, play on

guest1010

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2012, 10:36:17 AM »
There's been a thread on this before. My EX does it and I think they all do. It was said it is something to do with air pollution rules. Don't think it's anything to worry about although I agree it can be annoying if you're used to revs dropping quickly when changing gear. You don't need to fiddle with your car.

guest1010

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, 10:55:45 AM »
FYI
There are related posts on July 30th 2011 and March 27th 2010.

guest2925

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 07:07:37 PM »
Car's been in today no fault found,i was pretty sure that the revs should not hold for that long when changing gear,on the way to garage noticed when engaging clutch engine revs go up,they said was normal,all this after extensive road test, well i zeroed the trip and if they travelled more than 1;1/2 miles
I'd be surprised,they did tell me i needed new tyre because it was down to 3mm,I'm sure sometimes they are more concerned about personal details,like e;mail mobile phone so they can keep in touch for routine
maintenance,tyre was quoted at 70 odd pounds,replaced one couple months back, like for like at 50 pounds ,that's my grumble over for now.

tonytan

• Approved Member
Cleaning throttle housing
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 05:01:05 PM »
Hi has any member cleaned the throttle housing on their gd jazz and do you suggest doing it in situ with intake cleaner or removing the complete throttle housing from the inlet manifold and cleaning it that way

longlegpete

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Better Half's Jazz Sport 1.4 2007, MY Jazz 1.4 Ex 2009 And Another 1.4EX 2009
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2016, 11:44:44 PM »
There's been a thread on this before. My EX does it and I think they all do. It was said it is something to do with air pollution rules. Don't think it's anything to worry about although I agree it can be annoying if you're used to revs dropping quickly when changing gear. You don't need to fiddle with your car.

Both of my Ex's do the same, up until last year i used to hire lots of cars and most do a similar thing in one way or another

Tags:

anything