Author Topic: Warning light beeping sound  (Read 2335 times)

egezlo

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz
Warning light beeping sound
« on: January 27, 2024, 10:04:03 PM »
I recently purchased a Honda Jazz 2017 and noticed that none of the warning beeping sounds are working. Even the turn indicator doesn't make a clicking sound. Can someone advise on what could be causing this? The warning lights are coming on, but there's no sound, such as the seatbelt not being engaged

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: Warning light beeping sound
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2024, 03:35:09 PM »
I recently purchased a Honda Jazz 2017 and noticed that none of the warning beeping sounds are working. Even the turn indicator doesn't make a clicking sound. Can someone advise on what could be causing this? The warning lights are coming on, but there's no sound, such as the seatbelt not being engaged

AFAIK there's no system setting that would stop all these things. I guess it's possible that a previous owner got so fed up with all the warning noises that they found some way to disable them by (maybe) removing some piece of hardware or a fuse. Did you buy from a dealer or some other reliable source? If so, suggest you go back to him and ask for the car to be fixed. It'd be a moot point about whether the absence of an audible warning on a safety system would be an MOT failure?

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: Warning light beeping sound
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2024, 04:06:52 PM »
AFAIK  the only audible warning thats obligatory for the MOT  is the horn.   Indicators require a tell tale warning but this can be just be warning lights ,not audible. 

You can switch various audible warnings off and on and adjust their volume in settings on the mk 4.   (which suggests they are not obligatory  - and what about deaf people)   If Mk3's dont have any such  controls  it may be a small speaker or buzzer is faulty or disconnected.    A previous owner may have disconnected it
 -A  lot easier to find when it made a noise   ::)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 04:13:14 PM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Tags: