Author Topic: Honda fit in the uk  (Read 3597 times)

superbees

• Registered Member
Honda fit in the uk
« on: January 21, 2024, 03:38:27 AM »
Hi im in the uk and considering buying a 2018 honda fit 1.5 hybrid,as i cant find this hybrid as a jazz,so wondering if i will be able to get parts for this model in the uk easily and would honda service and fix it?.
also wondered if anyone else has this car and whats it like good on fuel? and power ok?
Found this info on wiki The system uses an Earth Dreams 1.5-liter Atkinson cycle DOHC i-VTEC direct injection engine rated at 97 kW (132 PS; 130 hp) and 156 N⋅m (15.9 kg⋅m; 115 lb⋅ft) paired with a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission
also wondered what this auto box was like thanks.

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar 2021 Crystal Red
Re: Honda fit in the uk
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2024, 08:02:57 AM »
That is the Japanese version, which wasn’t for the European market. I believe one or two owners are on this forum.
The 1.5 Earth dreams engine is fairly similar to the normal 1.5 in the Dynamic, but transmission is unique and - afaik - not entirely bulletproof.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2024, 10:00:01 AM »
I've read somewhere that the cars produced for the Japanese market are not as well protected against rust

Let's be careful out there !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2024, 01:56:04 PM »
I've read somewhere that the cars produced for the Japanese market are not as well protected against rust
I wouldnt be surprised.  I read somewhere  that the Japanese Government support the new car industry  with very strict technical inspections etc ,making it increasingly difficult to keep a car more than 2 -3 years .The Japanese buy a new Japanese car  and the 2-3 year old ones  are often exported to neighbouring countries where fewer buyers could afford a new car. These are often hot countries where rust protection is less of a priority.   The manufacturers  save costs, weight, and if premature rusting means its exported even  sooner, so much the better. 
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2024, 02:08:02 PM »
That is the Japanese version, which wasn’t for the European market. I believe one or two owners are on this forum.
The 1.5 Earth dreams engine is fairly similar to the normal 1.5 in the Dynamic, but transmission is unique and - afaik - not entirely bulletproof.
I thought it was only the 1.3 that was Atkinson cycle in the UK, I’m sure my 1.5 Sport is Otto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2024, 03:16:43 PM »
The 1.5 MK4 is Atkinson

UKjim

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2024, 03:18:23 PM »
The 1.5 MK4 is Atkinson
Yes, but this post refers to 2018

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2024, 03:20:35 PM »
I know but wondered if the MK 3 Sport 1.5 was a prerunner to the MK4

UKjim

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2024, 03:21:55 PM »
I don’t think so as I’m pretty sure my Sport is not Atkinson, but difficult to get definitive information 

superbees

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2024, 03:34:18 PM »
Thanks for replying shame can't get this hybrid in the UK as seems idea with the 130bhp engine.and 7 speed duct .
Seen a few for sale imports was just worried about getting parts.

Whiteshark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 4 jazz Hybrid EX Chrystal Red
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2024, 08:14:30 PM »
I don’t think so as I’m pretty sure my Sport is not Atkinson, but difficult to get definitive information 

Pretty sure that you are right. The Mk3 Sport 1.5 is not Atkinson. Almost certainly the same engine but just not configured as Atkinson.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2024, 08:55:06 AM »
Mk3 had several 1.5, the Otto cycle direct fuel injection for EUDM (the same of HR-V), the Otto cycle port injection for Australia and some south east asean markets, the Atkinson cycle for the JDM hybrid dcd, there was also a turbodiesel 1.5 for India.
A prerunner for the Mk4 should be considered the atkinson cycle of the i-DCD  hybrid, due to several technical solutions (compression ratio, i-vtec settings, manifolds, ...). Atkinson cycle engines (i mean the "fake atkinson) are different from Otto, the compression ratio for instance, the timing setting (LIVC, late intake valve closing or EIVC, early) and seldom exhaust manifolds. You cannot take an Otto engine and switch it to Atkinson simply modifying the valve timing and ECU configuration: RC for the MK3 Sport 1.5 is about 10.5:1, RC for Honda Atkkinsons (MK3 1.3, MK4 1.5, ..) is 13.5:1.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 12:29:32 PM by jazzaro »

Tags:

anything