Author Topic: Bluetooth volume from sat nav alternately loud and soft  (Read 1001 times)

PhilipLB

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2018
Bluetooth volume from sat nav alternately loud and soft
« on: January 19, 2024, 07:31:14 AM »
I wonder if anyone else has this small problem?
When I connect my Android smart phone to the audio of my 2018 Jazz via Bluetooth to listen to Google maps sat nav instructions, the volume alternates between being loud and soft! If the last instruction was nice and clear, the next one will be barely audible. And the one after that will be nice and clear again, etc. Most peculiar! Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 07:35:26 AM by PhilipLB »

HertsHonda

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX I-VTEC CVT 2017
Re: Bluetooth volume from sat nav alternately loud and soft
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 11:43:43 AM »
@PhilipLB
Your setup for Sat Nav seems very similar mine Android Smart Phone (I use Waze not G' Maps) playing sound through the mk3 speakers and a bluetooth link.
Think there maybe an setting in the infotainment system to adjust volume according to speed / road noise.
I have fiddled endlessly with phone and infot' volume controls.
My wife and I often wonder if the Waze lady has lost her voice and pull up off road and make adjusments to either infot' / 'phone or both - then we hear her! There was one frightening experience when Radio x burst into life and we struggled to silence it at 60mph on motorway - the touch controls didn't help!!
When I've mastered Google Assistant, I may try shouting at the sysytem!

PhilipLB

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2018
Re: Bluetooth volume from sat nav alternately loud and soft
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 03:39:41 PM »
Interesting to hear your experience! I have just found the "speed volume compensation" (SVC) setting on the infotainment system. It's now turned off, and I'll see whether that resolves the problem (somehow!) next time I use the sat nav. Thanks for your thoughts.

Tags: