Author Topic: Help with a bump to my Jazz 02 SE  (Read 6264 times)

guest1654

Help with a bump to my Jazz 02 SE
« on: October 04, 2010, 10:10:48 AM »
Hello

This is my first post so bear with me. I took a bump to the front of my 02 SE Jazz (in traffic my foot sliiped and I went into the back of a coach). The car is fine and still drives but was declared a total loss by the insurers as it was too costly to repair. However I have a mechanic friend willing to fix it but I am looking for parts and advice. If anyone can help with a bonnet, bonnet catch, bonnet hinges, slam panel, drivers wing panel & driver headlight I would be most appreciative. It is the light metallic blue and a 52 reg but I understand the body work is the same up to 2004 models.

Please please help as it seems such a shame to scrap a perfectly good car that has so many years left in it!

Thanks.
Meg

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: Help with a bump to my Jazz 02 SE
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 08:29:16 PM »
Moved to insurance forum.

ebay would be a good start to source out replacement parts.

The car will still be declared a write-off ('Cat D' I think?) and will show up on a HPI check or DVLA vehicle enquiry. As long as the work is done to a high standard everything should be Ok though but some future buyers maybe put off.

I could be wrong but maybe you will have to declare the car has been declared as a total loss when renewing your car insurance?

Tags: