Author Topic: 2015 Orchid Pearl White Honda Jazz Si  (Read 51972 times)

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: 2015 Orchid Pearl White Honda Jazz Si
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2023, 08:58:42 AM »
Chris, did you spot the retrimmed front seats on EBay for your model?
They may appeal the asking
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275978355748?hash=item4041978424:g:Dr4AAOSwmAZkyjEb

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2023, 10:33:41 AM »
I just read the whole thread start to finish, its come along very nicely!

In my view the best Jazz is this model, and in this particular colour.

And your Amayama suggestion is a very clever one, thanks Chris! :)

Thank you for your kind words. Yes I agree about the best Jazz model. I don't mind the GK, but I can't stand the new GR Jazz, it just looks so ugly. Hopefully the next model of Jazz is nicer, otherwise I might just keep mine forever!

Did you find when swapping the bumper that you needed the lower arch liner sort of plastic pieces

Yes, the Si rear bumper sits lower, and I had to buy new arch liners to fit, which was annoying!

Chris, did you spot the retrimmed front seats on EBay for your model?
They may appeal the asking
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275978355748?hash=item4041978424:g:Dr4AAOSwmAZkyjEb

I don't get why it has RSX stitched into the seat? The RSX is the American Integra.
I think I still prefer the stock Si seats to those to be fair.

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2023, 11:12:05 AM »
My latest Summer Update

Black Bonnet Wrap

For a while I had been thinking of wrapping the bonnet black to go with the black roof, and I decided to purchase the wrap, as it was only £20, and if I decided that I didn't like it, I could always just remove it and it wasn't much money to lose.
I purchased the wrap in November last year, but then I realised that I needed warmer conditions to apply the wrap. So I stored it away until the summer.
I purchased my wrap from MDP Supplies, as I was very happy with the quality of my roof wrap that I bought from them, that has air release which makes it much easier if you get bubbles, and 4 years later the wrap still looks good, so I know it lasts well.

I did put off doing it for a while, as the roof was such a pain to do, but eventually I just forced myself to do it on a nice day.

It was a lot harder than I was expecting, probably because of the way the bonnet slopes. I couldn't just pull it and lay it flat to get the "glass" look straight away. I had to take my time and pull and lay it down, inch by inch.

Some dust did get underneath, which was annoying, but you can only really notice if you look closely.

Overall I'm really happy with how it looks, and I was surprised how much it changes the look of the car.
I wasn't expecting it to make such a difference.

I don't think I will be making many more changes to the appearance.
I have been on the fence about buying Red Honda badges for the front and rear, as I feel it will complete the look. But I'm also not a fan of up-badging, and I feel the Red H is solely reserved for a Type R. And if I do put red badges on, I can't go back as you have to snap off the old Honda H badges in order to install the red ones.

I did think about trying to wrap the wheels black (or white), just to have a nice temporary change, but I recon it would be a real pain and I don't know how well it would turn out.

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2023, 10:37:57 AM »
A minor update

New Battery and Battery Bracket + Painting.

So my 8 year old Varta battery started showing it's wear now that I don't need to use the car for work and only drive it once a week, it got to the point where I would have to jump start it every time I wanted to drive it, so I decided to replace it with a Yuasa 5000 Silver YBX5054 from Tayna Batteries.

When I removed the originally battery, I found the metal battery bracket was very rusty, so I used some white Hammerite paint I had left over from painting my Brake Calipers to bring it back to life.

The part was quite rusty

Used a wire brush drill attachment to remove as much of the surface rust as possible

After 2 coats of Hammerite

Freshly painted part installed

I also decided to buy a new battery bracket instead of painting the black one. I went for a red anodised bracket in keeping with the red Si theme. I got it from AliExpress for £7.38 delivered LINK.

It fits quite well considering. The bolts are a little long, but they don't touch the underside of the bonnet so it's all good. They could be cut shorter if necessary, or the original ones could be reused instead.

I'm currently on the look out for some Red Honda emblems for the front and rear, but finding the correct size and part numbers for the Jazz is turning out to be tricky.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2023, 11:46:31 AM »
Good spot the plastic battery tray can often hide a horror story, maybe add a smear of grease across the top of both terminals.
Ive just replaced the battery last weekend with the same model / spec on my wife's Jazz EX.

Tags:

anything