Author Topic: Beeps programmable?  (Read 4942 times)

guest8014

Beeps programmable?
« on: November 23, 2018, 08:25:49 PM »
My wife (and me to some extent) is fed up with the proximity beeps when driving along and supposedly get too close to something. Is this feature programmable? We have bot good judgement when parking as well so don't want 'beep beep' every time we pull into a car park.

Thanks.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Beeps programmable?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 08:34:29 PM »
There is a button to the right side of the steering wheel (low down) that turns the proximity sensor off and on.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 08:02:00 AM »
There is a button to the right side of the steering wheel (low down) that turns the proximity sensor off and on.

They are programmable to an extent, the button ( marked "P") can independently switch the front and rear sensors. I can't remember the sequence but it is in the user manual.

guest8014

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 08:13:13 AM »
Will look. First scrape on the way!

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 11:58:15 AM »

They are programmable to an extent, the button ( marked "P") can independently switch the front and rear sensors. I can't remember the sequence but it is in the user manual.

Interesting - I wasn't aware of this so I've had a quick look in the manual (p458).  It seems that you can either turn the whole system off or the rear sensors alone off.  Why would anyone want to do that?

To answer my own question, I suppose if you're towing a trailer, you need to silence the rear sensors.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 03:00:21 PM by Downsizer »

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 04:56:13 PM »
But do the rear sensors work if reverse gear is not selected? I've not heard them beeping when in a traffic queue and the vehicle behind gets close.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 04:58:10 PM »
Or when reversing into a garage.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 05:13:47 PM »
But do the rear sensors work if reverse gear is not selected? I've not heard them beeping when in a traffic queue and the vehicle behind gets close.
No, I don't think they do.  But I suppose you sometimes have to reverse with a trailer......

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2018, 05:35:18 PM »
I have had collision alerts for vehicles coming up fast behind me both when stationary and while moving. Although what exactly I'm supposed to do when I get that warning I don't know :-/

guest8014

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2018, 07:09:25 PM »
I have had collision alerts for vehicles coming up fast behind me both when stationary and while moving. Although what exactly I'm supposed to do when I get that warning I don't know :-/
If no one is in front accelerate like mad or otherwise release all brakes and try to move out of the way to create a glancing blow. Nevertheless tell everyone to sit up straight and put their heads on the head rest!

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2018, 07:31:11 PM »
If no one is in front accelerate like mad or otherwise release all brakes and try to move out of the way to create a glancing blow. Nevertheless tell everyone to sit up straight and put their heads on the head rest!

My Son in Law probably saved his and my daughter's life by winding on full lock to avoid being pushed under the back of a stationary lorry by someone who didn't even brake.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2018, 10:19:27 PM »
A friend of mine witnessed that.  A car trapped between two lorries.  No escape from that one.  The lorry didn't even brake apparently.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2018, 10:25:13 AM »
I thought the collision alert system on the Jazz is only at the front.  The handbook says the city brake alert system only operates up to 20mph, but I have had collision alert signals at higher speeds prior to overtaking a slower vehicle.  Perhaps they are two separate systems.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2018, 10:42:00 AM »
AFIK the city brake and collision warning systems are separate and operate independently of each other. I have only once had an auto brake application, (in a car park), but get the usual occaisional collision alarms for parked cars or opposing traffic on bends etc.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2018, 12:15:36 PM »
I thought the collision alert system on the Jazz is only at the front.
Yes this has been puzzling me too.  It is actually called "Forward Collision Warning" and is described on page 428 as "Alerts you when it detects the possibility of your vehicle colliding with the vehicle in front of yours."

I have never had a warning of anyone approaching me too quickly from the rear.

Tags:

anything