Author Topic: finally found out the answer to my jazz engine keep jumping/hesitating  (Read 1296 times)

polechaser

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz 1.4 auto 2008
after about three years of trying to find out why my  2008 old style kept hesitating... ive finally cracked it.
after reading on youtube that it might be faulty ignition coils.......i visited my local motor factor and found out that four would be expensive......the young guy  there said have you changed the spark plugs recently??.. i said no....he said it could be them causing the trouble.......he said that there are eight ...i thought that cant be right...went to my local garage....asked them to changed the plugs and when i told him there are eight....he laughed and said no only four......at the end of the day......he said the job was done and he said guess what.....there ARE  eight......anyway it has cured the problem.

culzean

• Approved Member
after about three years of trying to find out why my  2008 old style kept hesitating... ive finally cracked it.
after reading on youtube that it might be faulty ignition coils.......i visited my local motor factor and found out that four would be expensive......the young guy  there said have you changed the spark plugs recently??.. i said no....he said it could be them causing the trouble.......he said that there are eight ...i thought that cant be right...went to my local garage....asked them to changed the plugs and when i told him there are eight....he laughed and said no only four......at the end of the day......he said the job was done and he said guess what.....there ARE  eight......anyway it has cured the problem.

The thing is that if the plugs don't get changed, as the gap gets bigger it raises the voltage the coil needs to generate to jump the gap and the coil is very likely to arc over insulation and fail. The rear plugs on MK1 are pretty much always neglected and are the prime suspect for any jerking, misfiring or bad mpg.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything