Author Topic: Time warp.  (Read 2344 times)

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Time warp.
« on: March 24, 2018, 06:29:29 PM »
Don't forget to switch Daylight saving to "on" this evening.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
Re: Time warp.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 06:48:10 PM »
It be nice if we could switch summer on that way as well :-/

donerkebab

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 10:19:58 AM »
Where is this setting? I only have a setting for changing the date/time

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 10:51:44 AM »
From the home screen, swipe left or right so you can see the " Settings" button, tap that. On one of the tabs (can't remember which one, might be "system", you may need to try several before you find the right one.) Scroll down the list you get after selecting the tab, you'll find something called Daylight Saving (or DST). It's then a simple toggle on/off. If the time's wrong after selecting "On", you'll need to adjust the time (again), but when the clocks change in future you'll only have to use the DST setting.

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 02:40:57 PM »
From the home screen, swipe left or right so you can see the " Settings" button, tap that. On one of the tabs (can't remember which one, might be "system", you may need to try several before you find the right one.) Scroll down the list you get after selecting the tab, you'll find something called Daylight Saving (or DST).
<rant>
..scrolling past the menu option for setting the time zone which is pointless since the only use for that would be to allow the unit to enable/disable DST automatically.
</rant>

Part of the problem might be that there's nowhere in the settings that allows you to set the date. However the unit picks this up automatically from somewhere. Possibly DAB. Or possibly from a Bluetooth connected device. The manual doesn't say but I think if you go to the Android settings you can see that it knows the correct date/time.

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 08:15:47 PM »

Part of the problem might be that there's nowhere in the settings that allows you to set the date. However the unit picks this up automatically from somewhere. Possibly DAB. Or possibly from a Bluetooth connected device. The manual doesn't say but I think if you go to the Android settings you can see that it knows the correct date/time.

Time and date is received via the GPS connection. If you bring down the notification bar the date is shown there, but there is no automatic daylight saving adjustment. best route is via Home > Settings > Info > daylight saving.

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 09:15:45 PM »

Time and date is received via the GPS connection.
Even if you don't have the Navi option?

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 10:16:01 PM »

Time and date is received via the GPS connection.
Even if you don't have the Navi option?

Yes, both Connect versions have GPS antennas, that's why you can run the likes of Waze or Google maps on a non-Garmin equipped.

Tags:

anything