Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: If you won the Lottery!
« Last post by MicktheMonster on July 22, 2018, 07:44:41 PM »
Mk1 V8 Range Rover to rampage through the countryside

You're in luck. Prince Charles' old Range Rover is for sale tomorrow.

Thanks Richard, that looks like just what I'm after, one careful owner, never raced or rallied, I'll get onto the auctioneers promptly.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Autonomous vehicles.
« Last post by culzean on July 22, 2018, 07:24:18 PM »
Not quite Autonomous vehicle specific but I get your point.

Turns out Uber is one of silicon valleys worst, so it is relevant to AV, they will behave just as badly with their autonomous taxis.
« Last post by Jocko on July 22, 2018, 06:51:21 PM »
Not quite Autonomous vehicle specific but I get your point.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Air con not working, thoughts?
« Last post by D3DSL on July 22, 2018, 06:48:09 PM »
Just wish Id tried the relay swap before spending 50 to regas and 87 for a local garage to diagnose, both of which were a waste of money.  It may last, it may not, but we have our old Jazz with perfect working AC.  Plus in N Scotland putting the windows down is enough.  Saying that accidentally left one window part down part way and it peeweed down on & off for 2 days, but fan heater for a few hours sorted that out. 
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Year end audit.
« Last post by Jocko on July 22, 2018, 06:48:05 PM »
Think I'm a bit OCD.
Me too. I never track any other spending. I cannot tell you how much I spend on groceries or hobbies, or anything else. Just my car.
When I built my first guitar I tracked the costs for that, but it gave me such a fright I never did it with any other build.

« Last post by culzean on July 22, 2018, 06:14:33 PM »
So silicon valleys cover is now well and truly blown, they say they are 'enablers' to free people from big business La La La. Turns out they are a bigger bunch of crooks than all the other businesses combined,  their motive is pure profit, they do not pay taxes in any country, and they expect countries taxpayers to subsidize their low payed employees via tax credits and other payments ( Amazon, Uber, etc  say they are self employed and have no rights as employees).  Uber sets up in countries, destroys normal taxi driver trade, encourages taxi drivers to borrow money on the promise of big paybacks but the truth is because Uber do not protect their employees (yes they are employees) they sign up far too many taxi drivers who then see their earnings fall down a hole and when the drivers protest they are told 'please yourself, it is either Uber way or the highway' and we have plenty of other drivers if you don't want to,  some people are committing suicide because they are in debt and have no way to make decent money.

Silicon Valley is putting people out of jobs all over the world, by 2030 probably half the people on the planet will not have a job because their tech is replacing people - then the social problems will really start,  and its companies are as predatory in its pursuit of profit as any other global business.
« Last post by peteo48 on July 22, 2018, 06:01:31 PM »
I congratulate you on your diligence Jocko.
Personally fuel consumption is not something that I take much interest in. I only monitor the built in readout, which I appreciate is optimistic, to advise me of any drastic changes in consumption that may indicate a problem, such as when I had a brake caliper binding.

Vic.

The fuel consumption thing is interesting. I started doing it about 20 years ago. Up until that time I did the odd "brim to brim" test to see whether things were broadly OK.

I'm at a stage in life now where my low mileage means cost is only a minor consideration but I find myself looking forward to a fuel up so I can enter the details on Fuelly.com  and get an update.

And yet a friend of mine, who takes all things financial very seriously, never fills his car because he doesn't like the idea of carrying the extra weight around, drives for economy but just relies on the car's computer. He reckons it's about 10% optimistic and that does him.

Think I'm a bit OCD.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: If you won the Lottery!
« Last post by richardfrost on July 22, 2018, 05:08:09 PM »
Mk1 V8 Range Rover to rampage through the countryside

You're in luck. Prince Charles' old Range Rover is for sale tomorrow.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5977799/80-000-Range-Rover-owned-Royal-Family-hammer-tomorrow.html
Beware, this links to the Daily Mail online!
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Air con not working, thoughts?
« Last post by Jocko on July 22, 2018, 04:51:46 PM »
Well done. My air conditioning involves opening the windows a bit more! That is the one thing I really miss from my last car.
« Last post by Jocko on July 22, 2018, 04:49:00 PM »
Vic. I just record everything I spend on the car, plug it all into a spreadsheet, and it churns out the answers. I started doing this back in 1978, using a notebook and pen, and it has evolved over the intervening 40 years.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything