Author Topic: Badge removal  (Read 11354 times)

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Badge removal
« on: October 01, 2011, 01:03:19 PM »
Hiya,

Has anyone removed the bages on the tailgate??

I really don't like badges everywhere, I prefer a clean bum image  ;) ;). One previous cars I have easily removed badges with hot water and an old credit card, then remove the adhesive with white spirit, then wash the spirit off and polish, however I won't even start it if theres going to be locating holes behind the badges, so does anyone know if theres any location holes behind the "Jazz" badge?

Cheers

Oz

Top Down

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: March 2012 1.4 iVTEC EX - Deep Sapphire Blue
Re: Badge removal
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 06:50:23 PM »
Just guessing but if you look at the rear of various Jazz mofels over the years the Jazz badge moves about all over the place.  :D

I can't imagine them having multiple boot lids with various badge mounting holes punched all over the place. It would be a storeman's nightmare.  :o

I suspect they are all just stuck on with badge tape - and the replacement badges on eBay would appear to bear that out.  8)

Ozzie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 06:55:24 PM »
Cheers Top Down, I did look on fleabay but couldn't get a good look at the back of the badges. I might pluck up courage at the weekend.

Thanks

Oz

Top Down

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 07:35:16 PM »
If it turns out they DO have pins you can always stick it back on - but my bet is tape.

BigG

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 01:36:13 PM »
The boot lid doesn't have any locating holes for the badge, I removed mine with just my fingernails and cleaned with white spirits, very easy.

Top Down

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 07:33:35 PM »
De-badged mine today. (Well, took the Jazz badge off the rear.)

I used fishing line drawn through the badge tape then cleaned of the remains using a mixture of techniques - WD40 to soak into the foam to soften it. This then peeled off leaving a sticky residue that I took off with more WD40, then white spirit and finally Goo-gone. It was quite tenacious.
 stuff!

Once cleaned off I polished the area with Autoglym to get rid of the very slight ghosting.

I'd previously removed the I-vtec badge from the rear window, the white 'lock' stickers from the front side windows, the garage's own advertising tax disc holder - not at all discrete - another garage sticker the same size off the passenger side of the windscreen, a large Dealership logo from the rear window below the brake light - right in the line of vision in the rear view mirror - and finally, a plastic dealership advert stuck to the bottom and the full width of the rear number plate.

The car looks a lot 'cleaner' for the removal of it all - and the ounce or two loss in weight must have improved the fuel consumption by a tenth of a mile or so to the gallon.  ;)

Ozzie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 08:13:45 PM »
I'm hoping that mine being a bit newer will give up the grip a bit easier. Fingers crossed.

Cheers . . . . and enjoy your clean bum  ;D

Top Down

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 08:18:41 PM »
I did keep the fishing line tight up against the back of the badge to avoid abraiding the paint, so left nearly all the badge tape on the car but I think it was the lesser of two evils  :D

It certainly makes cleaning and polishing the tailgate easier and I like the uncluttered look too  :)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 08:22:28 PM by Top Down »

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 03:10:08 PM »
I have used lemon juice with success over the years for dealer badges

guest2865

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 06:58:53 PM »
Cold chisel and club hammer does the trick  ::)

guest765

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 12:39:43 AM »
Dental floss is ok too just run it behind the badge and it cuts a clean line through the tape.

harry22673

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 02:52:19 PM »
Have we got any pictures of it without the jazz badge

Tags: