Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Satnav woes
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 04:46:47 PM »
I've no idea exactly how much data it uses as I've never got close to my 4Gb allowance.

Since my last monthly rollover I've driven about 120 miles and I still have 3.86Gb left.

That's not only Google Maps but also to my Garmin DS61 via Smartlink and to Speedtrap Alert app so I think it's minimal.

Edit: Found a link that reckons about 0.6Mb an hour which sounds about right.
« Last post by Saycol on Today at 04:21:47 PM »
Kremmen

Thanks for the reply and yes I am talking about the built in Garmin.

If I use Apple Car Play (I have an iPhone) won’t that gobble up my data allowance?
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: key and wipers
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 04:15:00 PM »
Yes, you can disable the key by holding both buttons for 3 or 4 secs until the red light flashes twice.

......and don't forget the spare.

The Jazz wipers simply lift up from the glass and stay lifted, miss the bonnet paint completely. They are only 'hidden' in as much as they are behind the lower black glass area when viewed from inside.
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 04:12:09 PM »
I take it this is the built in Garmin ?

Unfortunately the standalone Garmins often do that as well. I've had my standalone try to take me off a motorway, down the sliproad, up the sliproad, feeding me back on the same motorway where the motorway bends at a junction.

All I can suggest, if it's an option, is to ask it to offer more than one route and check them out. I know they have fastest and shortest.

I use Android Auto Google Maps for traffic and a more comprehensive database of places.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / key and wipers
« Last post by 5thcivic on Today at 04:07:06 PM »
Ordered my EX (with 15in for comfort) due September. Somebody told me the Jazz keys have an off switch to stop relay thefts, is this true, or is it the same as my E where I have to have a faraday pouch all the time?

Secondly, the E has hidden wipers and you have to set them to a "raise" position  to clean, otherwise you can scratch the paint on the bonnet edge lifting from parked. I downloaded the manual for the Jazz and could not find this even though it has "hidden" wipers.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Satnav woes
« Last post by Saycol on Today at 03:49:54 PM »
I know there are many threads on Satnav performance but I am on holiday in Suffolk and it keeps sending me down single track roads just to cut the corner off a perfectly acceptable B road. When I put the same start/finish into Google maps on my phone it routes me entirely on the B road which is what you expect.

I have looked at Satnav settings but there seems no way to exclude single track roads. Can anyone help?

Thx
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Ridiculous insurance renewal costs
« Last post by R2D3 on Today at 03:36:47 PM »
Just queried my renewal quote from NFU Mutual which had increased 15% to around £310 (70 yr old full comp, 10+ yrs no claims and £150 excess).  Increase due in part to the rise in secondhand car values meaning larger claims and also the increase in spare parts costs doe to scarcity.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Intelligent Speed Assistance
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 01:16:52 PM »
In and around London the majority of roads are now 20mph thanks to Ghengis Khan leaning towards cycle and foot and hatred of cars.

Ealing for example is now almost 100% 20mph except for the major highways not under council control.

Some roads do have new signs but others just have a 20 painted on the road surface at frequent intervals and some of those are wearing out. I suppose if it becomes a mandatory default setting then signage may have to change.

I suppose it's the same for 50, 60 and 70mph roads that are just designated as 'national speed limit' dependent on number of lanes, central barrier, etc.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Intelligent Speed Assistance
« Last post by John Ratsey on Today at 12:56:14 PM »
Some interesting reading of the ins and outs of ISA with comparison on the new GSR regulation and Euro NCAP.

https://circabc.europa.eu/sd/a/d544cd88-7be6-4dd3-9bb3-1edfa80f7837/GSR5%20ISA%20first%20interim%20report%20EC%20edit_for%20CIRCABC.pdf
Very interesting. There will be a lot of time and money spent in trying to develop compliant systems.

I'm not convinced that this assumption on page 45 will work in reality:
The U.K. also has a convention that the presence of streetlights in a built-up area indicates that a 30mph speed limit applies unless a contradicting road sign is posted. While this regulation is retained in U.K. law, explicit signage is routinely used to indicate 30mph speed limits in built up areas. It is therefore not necessary for a system to be capable of inferring a specific speed limit from the presence of street lighting.
There are plenty of places where I use the presence of streetlights as the cue when neither I nor the car have seen a speed limit sign for some distance. The car displays "..." to indicate that it's not sure.
We have a 2014 Jazz that we run on E40, any more than that and it trips an engine light.  It is not especially tolerant of Ethanol like my Ford which can go to 70% E85 added without issue but I very much doubt E10 would cause this problem.

First thing I would do is check the Long Term Fuel Trim Figure.  Most cars trip the engine light at about +/- 20 to 25, see what it is showing.  The other thing you could do is log the O2 sensor and go for a drive, its a wideband so the figure should be relatively stable at 1 during the drive.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything