Author Topic: Parking Sensors on 2016 Jazz EX Navi CVT  (Read 1450 times)

smokejumperuk

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Jazz EX Navi CVT
Parking Sensors on 2016 Jazz EX Navi CVT
« on: June 18, 2019, 05:19:12 PM »
Hi
I just purchased a used 2016 Jazz EX Navi CVT.  My previous car was a 2009 Jazz EX with the auto-clutch.  The old car had rear parking sensors that worked well providing clear audible beeps.

Would anyone be able to explain what I should expect to hear/see from the front and rear parking sensors on the 2016 car?  Is it just an audible warning?  Should there be some kind of display on the centre infotainment unit or dash?  Although the rearview camera is working, I'm not convinced the sensors are working at all as I never hear or see anything from sensors.

What I can tell you is:

The parking sensors are turned on with the dashboard switch.  The LED in this switch illuminates each time I power on the car.
I've gone through the process described in the manual to completely turn off sensors and then turn them back on.  This seemed to complete correctly and give me the required number of beeps to confirm they were swicthed on.

I've probably missed something stupid so any help appreciated greatly.

Cheers
Nick

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: Parking Sensors on 2016 Jazz EX Navi CVT
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 08:38:11 PM »
Both front and rear sensors work similarly, but they have a slightly different pitch so you can tell which ones are sounding (it’s possible to have both sounding simultaneously in a tight space). If they are working correctly, then as you approach an obstacle you get an intermittent beep, which becomes more frequent as you get closer, followed by a steady tone when you’re very close. The distances vary front/back, the handbook tells you what they are. At the same time both the centre infotainment unit and the right-hand multi-info display will light up to warn you where the obstacle is.

As you’ve checked that everything’s turned on, then it looks like you have a fault. Depending on exactly when your car was first registered it may still be inside the 3-year warranty, if so I’d get a dealer to look at it.

Edit: above comments are from my experience with an SE, which doesn’t have the reversing camera. I assume it’s the same with your EX, but I’m not sure how the camera works with the rear sensors (front sensors should work the same on both cars).
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 08:47:38 PM by ColinB »

smokejumperuk

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Jazz EX Navi CVT
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 10:14:34 AM »
Thanks for the info.

The car is out of warranty but I'll get it to a dealer to be checked out.

Thanks again.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 04:59:32 PM »
There are no central sensors at the front, only at the corners.  A little diagram appears, showing which corner is close to an obstruction.

Tags:

anything