Author Topic: Krem v Dealer  (Read 5416 times)

guest4871

Re: Krem v Dealer
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2021, 05:30:36 PM »
+1

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2021, 11:05:16 AM »
I think the balance of power between dealer and seller has radically changed with the internet and the likes of Carwow and We Buy Any Car etc

- I’ve given up playing games with dealers and their techniques to take charge. My pproach is very simple:

1.  I test drive at the local dealer
2. If I want the car I go home get a price from Carwow and one from WBAC for my p ex
3. I contact my local dealer and tell him what Carwow can supply the car for and what WBAC are offering in P ex and invite him to match it.
4. If he matches it or gets very close I will buy from him - I do feel a bit of loyalty as he has supplied the test drive etc. However this only goes so far and if if he is way off I will just go to one of the carwow dealers instead.

Every time I have tried this with Audi it has worked.  My only failure was with Hyundai who, despite me having bought 3 cars from the dealership tried to say the Carwow offer was fake etc.

That annoyed me immensely so I went to the Carwow dealer that offered the better price - 20 mile drive saved £500.  The process was identical to any other main dealer purchase - Car wow just provided the introduction to the supplying dealer.

When I last looked it seems Carwow reckons you can get about 2k off the price of a new Jazz Ex / Crosstar from one of their approved dealers.

The Hyundai dealer on Carwow maybe selling the car at a loss to reach targets. Also, dealers pay (or did pay) Carwow £360 commission and £40 I think per enquiry regardless of a sale or not.

Just got a quote off Carwow for a Crosstar and I've been offered between £692 and £1612 off.

Woodmannuk

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda jazz crosstar
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2021, 12:15:17 PM »
Hi the best deal i secured for my new unregistered jazz crosstar in black was £19405 that included £500 test drive incentive and 5 year servicing with finance deal that was from Brindley Honda Wolverhampton had it for just over a month now and love it
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 12:18:07 PM by Woodmannuk »

Gas Jazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: None - considering a Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2021, 09:13:43 PM »
Wow that’s some deal - not seen anything like that - well done!

- Bit disappointedly the the offers received from Carwow by RichardA as they are significantly below the headline figures they are quoting.

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2021, 09:53:12 PM »
Hi the best deal i secured for my new unregistered jazz crosstar in black was £19405 that included £500 test drive incentive and 5 year servicing with finance deal that was from Brindley Honda Wolverhampton had it for just over a month now and love it

Much the same deal I had from Brindley Honda Cannock back in March

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2021, 11:57:48 AM »
- Bit disappointedly the the offers received from Carwow by RichardA as they are significantly below the headline figures they are quoting.

Those were the first two deals in as I got quotes purely for research purposes for this topic. All quotes are now in:

(Savings on Jazz Crosstar in Surf Blue, RRP £23,995, PCP finance deal)

Marshall Honda Hull - £1612 (in stock and available now)
Grimsby Honda - £1654
Gatwick Honda - £1615
Barretts of Canterbury - £961
Gravesend Honda - £923
Ashford Honda - £692

As it happens Ashford Honda is my closest dealer on this list but Gatwick, Canterbury and Gravesend are all close enough to drive to (my current Jazz came from Trident Honda Weybridge which was is further away than these four dealers).

Kremmen

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2021, 12:25:00 PM »
You're getting close, my Civic came from Trident Honda Ottershaw, used to drive past daily. A very good salesman who knew his product which as per another thread is fairly rare.

My No1 dealer at the moment is Crown Honda Bushey.
Let's be careful out there !

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2021, 12:55:20 PM »

Those were the first two deals in as I got quotes purely for research purposes for this topic. All quotes are now in:

(Savings on Jazz Crosstar in Surf Blue, RRP £23,995, PCP finance deal)

Marshall Honda Hull - £1612 (in stock and available now)

Grimsby Honda - £1654
Gatwick Honda - £1615
Barretts of Canterbury - £961
Gravesend Honda - £923
Ashford Honda - £692

We need to see the interest rates and monthly payments for these attractive prices,  remember the dealers fund and recoup those big RRP  discounts by loading the deal with up with high interest rates on the money advanced to you.
For a better picture please post : down payment, final price to buy, payment per month and number of monthly payments
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 01:02:30 PM by E27006 »

Gas Jazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: None - considering a Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2021, 02:22:58 PM »
My normal approach is to take the finance package, if dealer incentives / contributions are predicated upon it, then withdraw after 14 days and pay the balance cash to retain the incentives.

If there are no dealer incentives, I prefer to pay cash.

Hicardo

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64mpg summer avg, 56mpg winter avg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Surf Blue 2021
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2021, 03:36:29 PM »
Honda Eastbourne - managed to get approx 2300 discount on the 23995 list of Crosstar in Surf Blue.  Took PCP, and the 5yr free service deal.  Was very happy with that.  It matched quote i'd received via a broker.   :D :D

Kremmen

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2021, 09:10:11 AM »
I had a feeling it is worth waiting:

The fresh new 2022 Honda Jazz delivers a great driving experience thanks to many improvements. This little fella comes with a modern interior that can comfortably host five passengers. However, a little more roomy cabin buyers should get choosing the latest Crosstar version. The biggest improvement is a larger 9.0-inch infotainment screen and more quality materials. However, a connectivity boost is also present, and Android Auto and wireless Apple CarPlay are included.

On the safety front, the new Jazz comes with the latest Honda Sensing active safety suite. This includes an improved Collision Mitigation Brake System (CMBS), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) system that can now operate in low-speed traffic, and much more.

https://hondacarmodels.com/2022-honda-jazz/

Deejay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 GR3 Jazz EX Platinum White
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2021, 09:25:13 AM »
I may be being a bit thick here (entirely possible) but that looks exactly the same as the 2021 model to me.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 09:42:47 AM by Deejay »

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2021, 09:35:21 AM »
I may be being a bit thick here (entirely possible) but that looks exactly the same as the 2021 model to me.

+1

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2021, 09:46:26 AM »

+1
If you read the article the price information is in dollars, I suspect this article is aimed at a country where the Jazz isn't being sold currently that's why it's "new"

Kremmen

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2021, 11:41:09 AM »
I know I'm being a pain but - here is the latest on the Honda main site :

I wonder what the latest manual reveals ?

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/manuals-and-guides/honda-owners-manuals.html

Tags: