Author Topic: Krem v Dealer  (Read 5542 times)

E27006

• Approved Member
Re: Krem v Dealer
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2021, 11:56:14 AM »
I may be being a bit thick here (entirely possible) but that looks exactly the same as the 2021 model to me.

+1

The published technical specifications may not have changed, there may be non-public changes which are not announced or listed in the specifications, such changes are known as "running changes" and applies to all cars and car makers
An example,  the 2000 to 2006 Honda Insight received several running changes to the hybrid system,  several revisions to the hybrid computer systems, the revisions are found on the labels/part numbers of the hybrid computers.
The hybrid battery was also a running change, the 6.5 AH  144 V battery changed to 7.7AH after a year or so of production,  (orange vs yellow 7.2V battery modules). The increase in capacity was never published by Honda.
There will be differences between 2021 and 2022 models in the form of running technical changes,  some of them are likely to be software, others will be changes of suppliers for components,  the 2021 car seems to be reliable, not many owners are complaining about problems, therefore is  there too much fretting about the two models,  , delaying  a purchase may  run the risk of a price rise in the car
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 12:00:59 PM by E27006 »

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2021, 12:53:01 PM »
I know I'm being a pain but - here is the latest on the Honda main site :

I wonder what the latest manual reveals ?

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/manuals-and-guides/honda-owners-manuals.html
I've looked at the 2 manuals (21 and 22) and there don't appear to be any new features but there is some extra explanation of existing features, eg an extra page on the deflation warning system. Other than that it appears the '22 version being described in the article (still not sure if it applies to the UK market) has some minor cosmetic changes on the outside but it doesn't say what they are

Hugh R

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX Grey
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2021, 03:36:45 PM »
My normal approach is to take the finance package, if dealer incentives / contributions are predicated upon it, then withdraw after 14 days and pay the balance cash to retain the incentives.

If there are no dealer incentives, I prefer to pay cash.
This is possible with PCP with no comebacks? Just pay the remaining total free of interest and no added penalty of any kind if done within two weeks?  Never realised it was that easy - dealers and finance companies can't be happy!

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2021, 03:47:08 PM »
I thibk there is a clause in the small print about a minimum number of PCP payments to qualify for the "free" 5-year service plan,  the period may be 6 months

t is only complimentary when your vehicle is financed through a Hire Purchase or Personal Contract Purchase agreement with Honda Finance Europe with a minimum balance to finance of £5000. You can settle your finance agreement at any time, however you will need to make at least six regular monthly payments to ensure qualification for the 5 years complimentary service package and Honda Care package[/b]
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 03:54:15 PM by E27006 »

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2021, 04:38:46 PM »

This is possible with PCP with no comebacks? Just pay the remaining total free of interest and no added penalty of any kind if done within two weeks?  Never realised it was that easy - dealers and finance companies can't be happy!

It's a bit of grey area as if you Withdraw (within 14 days) it's supposed to be like the finance never existed - yet they do charge interest at a daily rate (so a few £) until you say you want to Withdraw.  If you Settle, after 14 days, then there's normally a couple of months interest to pay (could be a few hundred pounds depending on the deal).

The term quoted above is interesting - I've never seen that before, although apparently Toyota did free servcing by issuing vouchers just before the service was due but only if the finance was still running.    Our VW had a discounted service package, but as I'd paid something for it I was confident it would continue.    There's was never any suggestion we'd have to repay the £2750 deposit contribution.

A salesman told me they turn a blind eye because, while lots of people say they'll pay it off, few actually do.  Especially if they can be kept on the plan for a few months they get used to the payments and just leave it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 04:40:47 PM by Rory »

Gas Jazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: None - considering a Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2021, 05:53:43 PM »
Sounds like Honda have got wise to withdrawal rights as far as the 5 year service package is concerned.

Certainly from my experience they can’t/ don’t  ask for deposit contributions to be returned and do not write that into PCP deals so I wonder what is different when the package, like a deposit contribution, was part of the original deal? 

No doubt they made sure all the legal bases were covered before they arrived at this arrangement.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2021, 06:10:17 PM »
I went for the HP option, with the minimum amount. There are too many strings attached to PCP deals if you intend to pay it off.

I intend to pay off the HP after the sixth payment is taken in November.

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2021, 07:45:33 PM »
The PCP scheme, paid off early is a very attractive deal, even for cash buyers,  ie, minimum finance of £5000 to qualify for the 5 deal,  pay off finance after 6 payments, you receive 5 years of servicing (£650 )and 5 years of breakdown cover (£500 - £700) 6 payments on £5000 of PCP finance is  6 x £45  or £270, (estimated) , I think  the buyer is winning to the tune of  £1000.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2021, 10:07:48 PM »
On our 2014 Jazz, Honda was giving an extra £500 discount to take a 0% APR PCP!   5yrs service and warranty was free with the car.

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2021, 11:08:44 PM »
I thibk there is a clause in the small print about a minimum number of PCP payments to qualify for the "free" 5-year service plan,  the period may be 6 months

t is only complimentary when your vehicle is financed through a Hire Purchase or Personal Contract Purchase agreement with Honda Finance Europe with a minimum balance to finance of £5000. You can settle your finance agreement at any time, however you will need to make at least six regular monthly payments to ensure qualification for the 5 years complimentary service package and Honda Care package[/b]

That’s totally correct

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2021, 08:23:19 PM »
- Bit disappointedly the the offers received from Carwow by RichardA as they are significantly below the headline figures they are quoting.

Those were the first two deals in as I got quotes purely for research purposes for this topic. All quotes are now in:

(Savings on Jazz Crosstar in Surf Blue, RRP £23,995, PCP finance deal)

Marshall Honda Hull - £1612 (in stock and available now)

Grimsby Honda - £1654
Gatwick Honda - £1615
Barretts of Canterbury - £961
Gravesend Honda - £923
Ashford Honda - £692

We need to see the interest rates and monthly payments for these attractive prices,  remember the dealers fund and recoup those big RRP  discounts by loading the deal with up with high interest rates on the money advanced to you.
For a better picture please post : down payment, final price to buy, payment per month and number of monthly payments

Carwow only quotes Honda's APR rate of 5.0%. Any more information requires contacting the dealers.

Interestingly, if I switch to Cash offers the Grimsby saving jumps to £2,115. Normally on Carwow you get better savings via PCP as the Carwow saving includes any deposit contribution (which I believe Honda are not offering at present).

Kremmen

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2021, 05:04:44 AM »
This all sounds like hassle to me.

I'm just going to go in waving cash and see what they offer.

Currently got 2 dealers phoning me mid Aug and early Sep. Let's see.
Let's be careful out there !

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2021, 10:05:02 AM »
This all sounds like hassle to me.

I'm just going to go in waving cash and see what they offer.

Currently got 2 dealers phoning me mid Aug and early Sep. Let's see.

If the "free" servicing deal is still going at that point, it would be beneficial to take the absolute minimum HP (£5000) and pay it off after the sixth payment.

Tags: