Author Topic: Replacement NSF fog lamp unit  (Read 1015 times)

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
Replacement NSF fog lamp unit
« on: December 01, 2020, 12:48:19 PM »
Hi Team

More things. I have to replace the NSF (passenger side) fog lamp unit whcih has a broken lense. Out of nothing more than interest I checked with Honda- @£200 :). Rang my local ASM scrap dealer. None in stock and uncertain about future delivery dates and front end shunts are not great for the absurdly positioned miniscule fog lamp. I have done a google search and although the unit seems to be a generic part on different Honda models I don't want to go down the 'it fits but not as we know it' route. Can anyone recommend a good supplier at a sensible price? Many thanks all.

MartinJG

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Re: Replacement NSF fog lamp unit
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 10:46:23 PM »

Jocko

Thanks for the link. I found a few around the £35 ish mark. The price at the ASM scrap dealers is around £18 when they have them. Hoping for some feedback from someone who has been there/done it and can rec a brand that fitted perfectly.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 12:43:09 AM »

Jocko

Thanks for the link. I found a few around the £35 ish mark. The price at the ASM scrap dealers is around £18 when they have them. Hoping for some feedback from someone who has been there/done it and can rec a brand that fitted perfectly.

Can you search on eBay under Honda Jazz breaking? You might be able to find one with a scrapyard. Make sure it's the right year-and if you are going for after market ones, be sure it's from a UK buyer for Jazz in this country. Had a few friends recently buying parts which are for non UK cars!

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 09:21:55 PM »
I bought a new one off ebay (a few years ago) and its a simple and perfect fit.

MartinJG

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2020, 12:55:21 AM »

Jocko

Can you search on eBay under Honda Jazz breaking? You might be able to find one with a scrapyard. Make sure it's the right year-and if you are going for after market ones, be sure it's from a UK buyer for Jazz in this country. Had a few friends recently buying parts which are for non UK cars!

Had a quick scout online at local scrap dealers but it seems a bit hit and miss. Hate to give in to the easy way out but it does seem like Ebay is the solution.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 02:12:03 AM by MartinJG »

MartinJG

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2020, 12:59:20 AM »
I bought a new one off ebay (a few years ago) and its a simple and perfect fit.
I agree, the design is simple enough but I have tried cheap copies in the past and they never fit quite as well as OEM part. Seems like that is the solution. Thanks for your words of encouragement :)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 02:11:27 AM by MartinJG »

Tags: