Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: LKAS at slow speeds
« Last post by sportse on Today at 08:36:24 PM »
When driving on a narrow country road and you need to pass an oncoming car.
If you pull in close to the verge, then RDMS will attempt to steer you away from the verge and into the path of the oncoming car, which is not funny! :(
Yup, I've had to persuade the car not to move out towards an oncoming vehicle in those circumstances.

Same here - it's generally good but went crazy once when I was on a narrow winding country road without a white line in the middle.

Was bleeping away and flashing a warning because it thought maybe the whole road was the lane and it thought I was too far left of the lane. Luckily nothing was coming the other way at the time.
See post below 'HONDA EUROPE'
Perhaps they are getting worried at the lack of sales!
« Last post by Neil Ives on Today at 08:02:46 PM »
If you pull in close to the verge, then RDMS will attempt to steer you away from the verge and into the path of the oncoming car, which is not funny! :(
Yup, I've had to persuade the car not to move out towards an oncoming vehicle in those circumstances.
« Last post by Kenneve on Today at 07:40:28 PM »
« Last post by Jazzik on Today at 07:37:08 PM »
Just a shame some of them are on by default.

In my short ownership I've found RDMS to be the major pain so off it goes each journey.

you are not used to signaling before changing lane? I am interested in what situations it annoys you

RDMS has NOTHING to do with lane changing... Maybe in your Ford, but...

So when does the steering wheel resists turning for you?

What do you care, in your Ford Focus...?
« Last post by Gamifier on Today at 07:14:10 PM »
Just a shame some of them are on by default.

In my short ownership I've found RDMS to be the major pain so off it goes each journey.

you are not used to signaling before changing lane? I am interested in what situations it annoys you

RDMS has NOTHING to do with lane changing... Maybe in your Ford, but...

So when does the steering wheel resists turning for you?
« Last post by NoelM on Today at 07:11:15 PM »
It seems to me that a few people here think that Honda Sensing is turning the Jazz into an autonomous vehicle. (Un)fortunately! Honda Sensing (including LKAS, ACC, RDMS, etc.) is nothing more (and nothing less) than a driver support system!
You are the driver, not the car. You are responsible and not "the system".
Let that system help you where it can, but you should be in control!
And before making all kinds of nonsensical comments: read the manual!

Well said
Are you sure that the oil has never been changed? When Honda were servicing my CVT gearbox they never filled in the record in the service manual but when this was pointed out to them they showed me the computer record of the oil being drawn from stores and completed the record.

Vic.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Speed limiter 10mph increments
« Last post by sportse on Today at 06:31:35 PM »
I had a Volvo before, on that they had the change back to front which was frustrating- a short press changed it by 5/10mph and you had to long press to get 1mph.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Speed limiter 10mph increments
« Last post by Neil Ives on Today at 06:22:50 PM »
The button that sets the speed limiter changes the speed setting one mph at a time or if held a bit longer by 10mph. My previous car, a BMW, had a similar system but a long press changed the speed in 5mph increments. I found that a much better way to change the speed limit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10