Author Topic: Service cheats.  (Read 17186 times)

guest2662

Re: Service cheats.
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 07:23:15 PM »
 ???

caseyjones

• Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 11:26:05 PM »
Anyway, I'm in complete agreement regarding the importance of thoughtful driving. And I never did learn my lesson. Being sad enough to gather data on these sorts of things I can say that in the last 4 years of ownership my CTR returned 7.3l/100km on average. Best was 6.3. Official figure was 8.2. So I'm by no means a brake stomper :)

Bravo indeed! And thanks for not being offended by my pontificating.

guest1844

• Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2012, 10:49:25 PM »
I think there's a bit of scam going in some dealers. At the slightest sign of pitting or grooving, they tell you you need new discs. Had this on a Citroen, dealer said I needed new discs, I said no, I'll do it myself, but didn't; two years and two MOTs later no problems on the original discs.

My rear discs are now showing a band of corrosion - it passed its MOT in Feb like that, as the brake performance was OK. The trouble is the pads stick slightly in their guides and light braking is not enough to shift 'em. Every year I take the rear pads out and clean them up. Even so they seize in again.
The mpg goes up after a clean as well, as they then release properly. All rear-disced cars seem to suffer from this.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2012, 11:17:13 PM »
All rear-disced cars seem to suffer from this.

Our Golf (used locally only) and Mercedes (only used now and again for long trips) don't suffer corroded rear disks.  The Jazz, on the other hand, used every day for all our running around, has terribly corroded and scored rear disks.  I'd read the dealer could skim them, but ours said not and could only replace them.

guest3090

• Topic Starter
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2013, 12:22:03 AM »
£921 is ridiculous!!!!!

Main dealers can charge what they want and get away with it!

>:(

eagle123

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz 1.4 se gd series
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2013, 07:27:04 PM »
was it on Honda fixed price scheme?

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2013, 07:11:48 AM »
As you know I am a driving instructor, using my Jazz as a tuition car with obviously inexperienced drivers, on the 50,000 mile service the original brake pads were checked, and I was told they were only 20% worn !  :o Excellent !

guest907

• Topic Starter
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 11:14:25 PM »
As you know I am a driving instructor, using my Jazz as a tuition car with obviously inexperienced drivers, on the 50,000 mile service the original brake pads were checked, and I was told they were only 20% worn !  :o Excellent !

Next lesson...how to use the brakes!

Tags:

anything