Author Topic: Lovely letter.  (Read 9606 times)

guest2915

Lovely letter.
« on: November 30, 2011, 12:29:35 PM »
Not quite sure where to post this but I got a lovely letter from my local Honda dealer welcoming me and hoping it would be the start of a long business relationship. Emphasised the After Sales Department is there to ensure my Honda maintains optimum performance and if I need them to ring la la la.

He hoped the service I received was in line with the standards of excellence for which the Honda marque is renowned. Any concerns with the car, outstanding issues with the sales or handover process please do not hesitate to get in touc.h.

"Once again thank you for your custom; we very much look forward to being of service in the future.
Yours sincerely
(signed)
Director and General Manager"

I'm sure its a stock letter but I never got this from Hyundai. All they did was send me a brochure for a new car.

Ramage

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006 Jazz 1.4i-DSi Sport CVT Sirirus Blue
Re: Lovely letter.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 12:07:43 PM »
Had a similar letter from Thames Ditton Honda when I bought my Jazz Sport. About a week later they also sent a tin of biscuits!

They have also given me very good service sorting out some little niggles when I first got the car, and did not charge for anything.

guest2915

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 01:41:04 PM »
This is from the same Honda group  ;) but not Thames Ditton.

Ramage

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 01:05:06 AM »
Hopefully you will get your bikkies then! ;D

Paul
Jazz Sport CVT

56 reg

Sirius Blue

guest2915

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 09:46:14 AM »
Maybe but I did get a teddy so maybe that would balance it out.
 ;D

Although my car was bought in Aberdeen, it was serviced by the Thames Ditton branch until now which is Ewell .

Ramage

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 11:07:35 AM »
 :o

Now my wife wants to know why we (she) did not get a teddy.....   :(

Mind you, the Jazz is my car. She never got any goodies from Mitsubishi when she bought her Shogun!

guest2915

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 12:34:50 PM »
 :o

guest2915

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 03:21:17 PM »
I got a big tin of chocolate chip biscuits arrive this morning with another lovely letter. Just in time for Christmas  ;D

guest671

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 04:53:18 PM »
Brighton Honda gave my wife a lovely bunch of flowers when we got our new Jazz! I thought that was a really nice touch.

Ramage

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 11:55:12 PM »
I got a big tin of chocolate chip biscuits arrive this morning with another lovely letter. Just in time for Christmas  ;D

Yep, those the same as the ones we had. :)

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 08:26:19 AM »
I got nothing at all from blackpool honda... in fact i barely had enought fuel to get me home!! all the honda dealers in my area are not that impressive, the best ever honda dealer i had the pleasure of dealing with was Riding & co of preston, they were originally called Riding & kok. They were in preston for a very long time, originally being a motorcycle dealers.... they had a very big site which incorparated not only honda (the brand they originally started with and was solely on the site to begin with) but also suzuki, skoda and subaru... so a big site! they could not do enough for you, whereas blackpool honda (part of the cox group) did nothing... i had a few problems with my jazz when i bought it, only a few were rectified, the car was sent out with 4 scored discs, and the rear brakes were not even working!! so the car was not checked properly. It was only upon inspection of the discs that i realised they were damaged. The rear brakes had rust on them for weeks.... it took a while, but eventually the car went in and all the discs and pads were replaced under warranty, i also had a issue with a crease in the passenger front door, which could have been fixed while it was in for the brake work, but no... it was left as it was when i bought it. There were marks on the front bumper too, which i was told, would be sorted but never was! they service book was conveniently lost when i was buying the car, when i got it, it was 6 months overdue for its first service! and only got a oil and filter change! the air filter was dirty, again i told them and they were not interested! so i have a book which should have 2 stamps in it, but only one..... ialso, when picking the car up the honda jazz handbook was missing and not in its wallet, and then (good job i checked!) on hand over, i went to the boot and my parcel shelf was mssing!! the hand over guy apologised and took one from his brand new jazz.... the car had been polished and was full of white wax between the joins and also they used a buffer on the paintwork which has left my black paintwork full of swirls and patches which look awful in sunlight, i have had to constantly work on it to get the shine back, even now its not right...and the interior was not up to the standard i am used too.... i wrote a big letter to the manager of the dealer explaining my gripes, but never did get a reply... so a warning to the wise, don't deal with them! i will probably go to greenacre honda next time... we shall see.

guest2915

• Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 08:24:02 PM »
That sounds like my experience with Hyundai, Gaz.

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 08:41:43 PM »
Hi mate, yes, you indeed have a bad experience with them did'nt you? i have since heard a few bad stories about them, it just shows that even a top car company with a top product can turn sour with a poor dealership, as stated, the riding and co dealership in my home town were fantastic! i am very fussy with my cars, and they did not mind me whinging about little things and fixed/sorted every little detail i spotted, thats proper customer relations for you! sometimes its worth paying a little more for that extra special treatment and making the buying of a car that bit more pleasureable, hope you are enjoying your purchase still mate?  :D

Tags: