Author Topic: What MPG are you getting from your Mk1 Honda Jazz ?  (Read 201423 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: What MPG are you getting from your Mk1 Honda Jazz ?
« Reply #435 on: November 13, 2019, 02:02:31 PM »
Topped off tank today, when yellow light came on, and I don't believe the numbers. According to the calculations it is 60.1 mpg, but I am convinced that is wrong. Expected a lot lower.
I didn't use my usual supermarket as road works make that a no no, so went to my local Asda instead. Whether their new pumps are set to click off sooner or not, I don't know. I will probably find out the next time I go back to my usual pump at Morrisons.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #436 on: November 13, 2019, 03:22:12 PM »
I think the click off point on petrol pumps is definitely a thing. I've had some, on the face of it, disappointing figures when I've filled up with Apple Green (Irish fuel company) which is then followed by a really good one when I fill up somewhere else. The pumps at the Apple Green station are ancient as well so don't know if that's a factor.

MikeKee

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 SE 2006
« Reply #437 on: November 19, 2019, 07:27:00 PM »
Had my 2006 1.4 SE Jazz for about a week.

Using it to commute to work, a 54 mile round trip that involves B-roads, the M1 (for 13 miles each way - so 26 miles) and an A-road.

According to the Trip, I'm getting around 53mpg. Looking forward to applying some tips I've seen here to improve things.

Since I used to do the same journey in a Saab 2.0t convertible, the 53 mpg figure is  quite pleasing regarding my monthly fuel bill :-)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 10:07:25 PM by MikeKee »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #438 on: November 19, 2019, 08:47:27 PM »
Welcome, Mike. I had a 2 litre Volvo S40 before the Jazz and I too noticed a huge difference, so I appreciate your delight.
Not to put a damper on your figures, but the trip is a bit optimistic, sometimes more than others. When you fill it up, check your miles against the gallons put in. That will give you an accurate and repeatable number. A good site I use for this is https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/ or http://www.fuelly.com/

MikeKee

• Registered Member
« Reply #439 on: November 19, 2019, 10:01:58 PM »
Hi Jocko

Thanks for the links! Will definitely use them to get an accurate figure.

The Saab was great to drive and brilliant in summer, but the mpg was disastrous!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #440 on: November 24, 2019, 12:35:21 PM »
Filled up today, and as expected the numbers were well down. 53.6 mpg. However, that is nowhere near as low as I was expecting. Yesterday I had a trip to and from Danderhall, and both ways the rain was coming down in biblical proportions. Traffic was heavy and in some spots very slow (I was down to 3rd ascending the Queensferry Crossing - quite a steep hill in either direction).
The calculated average for the last two tankfuls works out at 59.6 mpg, so perhaps my Asda top up last time was pretty accurate.
My Fuelly average for last 10 top ups has fallen to below 60 mpg, and I don't expect it to recover above 60 until next summer. I will be delighted if I can weather the winter without the 10 top up average falling below 55 mpg!

Also, funnily enough, 59.6 mpg!

MikeKee

• Registered Member
« Reply #441 on: December 07, 2019, 07:50:31 PM »
With the Saab I was spending £10 a day to go to and from work. Now I'm spending £6. Result :-)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #442 on: December 30, 2019, 07:20:09 AM »
Disappointing top up today but I suppose it is only to be expected since I have been tramping round with 4/5 adults (+ luggage) in the car, and this morning I had a 4am high speed motorway run to the airport. This tank full, a calculated 51.1 mpg!
According to Fuelly my last 10 top ups have averaged 56.8 mpg so it looks like it won't be long till I fall below my target 55 mpg which I hoped to maintain throughout the winter. Ah well.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #443 on: January 22, 2020, 10:32:47 AM »
Today I used the car to go for rolls. A total distance, there and back, of 0.4 miles (I know I could have walked it, but I wanted to check out my Power Bank - works great), average speed 9 mph and 26.2 mpg, according to my ScanGauge.
Mot exactly helping the planet.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #444 on: February 20, 2020, 03:11:11 PM »
Disappointing top-up today. 7.6 gallons for 52 mpg. Not surprising I suppose considering the horrendous wind and rain I have been driving in. Not a lot of chance for frugal driving. It has depressed my lifetime average from 55.3 to 55.2 !!!

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #445 on: February 20, 2020, 04:38:52 PM »
These short journeys are killers. Don't have a scan gauge but recently set trip b to measure mpg (computer only) on a return trip, through 4 sets of lights and in busy traffic, to the supermarket. 30.2 mpg so possibly 28 ish in real world. This is 3.1 miles but done in 2 halves as it were.

It's that first mile or so when cold. Occasionally we pick up our grandson from his after school club. This is still stop/start but is a return trip of 8 miles. I haven't done a precise measurement but I can get well north of 40 mpg on this trip even though it involves a lot of stop start and queuing (auto idle stop probably helps here but it doesn't always kick in).

The 39.3 I'm showing at the moment is one fill up after 119 miles (just wanted to get some scores on the board with the new car). Mostly short stuff in bad weather and car nowhere near run in yet.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #446 on: March 04, 2020, 11:15:14 AM »
Got a really rubbish top up this morning. Morrisons again. The calculated figure was 46.5 mpg but the onboard display read 52.5 and the ScanGauge was similar. It was an early top up as I have a long run this evening and an early trip tomorrow morning. The fuel gauge was still showing more than a quarter tank left, but according to the pump I managed to get 6.9 gallons in at first cut off. According to My SPc chart (Western Electric rules), it is not indicating remedial action required as yet.

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
« Reply #447 on: March 05, 2020, 08:29:14 AM »
My last fill up went more than a hundred miles before the fuel gauge came off the end stop. No wonder fuelly showed less than 40 mpg.
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #448 on: March 20, 2020, 08:35:58 AM »
This week's top-up was 25% better mpg than last week, for the same usage and weather. Even up on what I have been getting recently.
I can only assume that the pump must have been slow to cut off last fill-up and added extra fuel into the neck. 

SPoTpro

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2006 Honda Jazz/Fit 1400 CVT
« Reply #449 on: April 14, 2020, 03:26:05 PM »
I am averaging around 3.9-4.2 l/100km (23km/l-26km/l) with my 1.4CVT 2006 Jazz. (it has 91500km on clock at moment)

Funny thing tho ... my wife gets around 6.2l/100 when she drives ... makes me wonder if she still thinks she is driving her 75kw diahatsu sirion 1.3 lol (used to get 0-100kmh in 8 seconds ... sigh defo not getting anywhere near that with my jazz)

Tags:

anything