Author Topic: New Jazz Owners Observations and Comments  (Read 38194 times)

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
Re: New Jazz Owners Observations and Comments
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2015, 05:38:03 AM »
Sidot  I think you might have misinterpreted my comments regarding the boot floor in the "Spare Wheel" thread. There is absolutely no problem fitting the spacesaver spare in the boot well. The problem is that the carpeted lift-up boot floor is  not very strong and needs support from below. This is normally provided by a black rigid foam moulding shaped to fill the wheel well and has various recesses for tools etc. This has to be removed to install a spacesaver spare and the replacement foam moulding for use when a spacesaver is installed in the wheel well is not yet available, hence my dealer modifying the unit from my Mk2 until the correct part becomes available.

Regarding the tools, you will need to take the jack, handle and wheelbrace from your existing car but not the towing eye as a different type is supplied with the new car.

Hope this clarifies the situation

Regards J&J
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 05:40:32 AM by JazzandJag »

Sidot

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk3 ES.Sporty Blue Metallic.
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2015, 07:30:26 AM »
Thank you for putting my mind at rest regarding the boot well spare tyre issues.
Having been fortunate enough to have had a car provided as part of my job I had no experience of car purchase and trade in and such matters until the last few years when I bought my Honda Jazz Mk2.
I feel like I am stripping my current car of anything that isn't screwed down !!
I'm taking spare wheel, car jack, wheel spanner, spare set of locking wheelnuts and ash tray.Still, Brindley Honda have more money than me and the trade in value offered was derisory so no harm done I suppose.
Will have to ask them to do the modification work on the polystyrene support.
Thank you all once again for you valuable guidance.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2015, 09:26:57 AM »

I'm taking spare wheel, car jack, wheel spanner, spare set of locking wheelnuts and ash tray.Still, Brindley Honda have more money than me and the trade in value offered was derisory so no harm done I suppose.

All MKII's had a jack and wheel spanner so I don't think they'll be thrilled if you take those.

Does the MKIII really not have them?  As I recall it, the procedure on the MKII for using the tyre goo was to jack the wheel up first, and of course you'd need some way of removing the wheel to take it for repair if the goo proved unsuccessful.

edam

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2015, 07:28:15 PM »
No jack, wheel brace or screwdriver with the '15 Jazz (last year of the Mk2) if you have the tyre repair kit. I would presume the Mk3 is the same.

Previous Mk2 model years had these items so they should be left with the car when you sell it (as should the spacesaver in a Mk1 because it was standard equipment).

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2015, 08:59:37 PM »

"Previous Mk2 model years had these items so they should be left with the car when you sell it....."
Buyer beware!

John Ratsey

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2015, 09:15:45 PM »
Further to my previous comment about the wiper coverage for the sensors http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=7356.msg33883#msg33883 I've taken a photo and made some measurements. The sensor unit intrudes 14cm into the wiped area - somewhat more than the 4cm that Which? says is allowed. Perhaps there's a waiver due to the sensor unit effectively being behind the mirror. I'll have to move my camera up to comply with Which?'s interpretation of the rules. I've put a couple of small marks on the inside of the windscreen with an indelible pen to use as reference.

[attachment deleted by admin]
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2015, 09:49:43 PM »
The sensor unit intrudes 14cm into the wiped area - somewhat more than the 4cm that Which? says is allowed. Perhaps there's a waiver due to the sensor unit effectively being behind the mirror. I'll have to move my camera up to comply with Which?'s interpretation of the rules.

Never mind what Which? say, just source material yourself http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/htdocs/m4s08000301.htm

Original vehicle design characteristics are to be accepted

Sidot

• Approved Member
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2015, 09:33:43 AM »
I have telephone my Honda dealership with regard to the jack and wheel brace being missing on the new mk3.
They have been most helpful and accommodating.
They have no objection to me taking the jack etc with me into my new car and are going to check if a Mk2 polystyrene boot fitting will fit with the space saver in place if it does then I can take that with me too.
The mk3 poly thing certainly won't fit with a space saver in place....how crazy is that.

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2015, 09:52:35 AM »

They have no objection to me taking the jack etc with me into my new car and are going to check if a Mk2 polystyrene boot fitting will fit with the space saver in place if it does then I can take that with me too.

The modifications which were done to my Mk2 foam tool tray included cutting about a 2 inch strip off across  the width both front and rear and removal of the protrusion underneath which previously fitted into the upturned spacesaver. This was reasonably satisfactory but I have also packed below the rear left  corner (which was still inadequately supported) with a lot of bubble wrap to give a relatively firm boot floor onto which I am happy to load heavy luggage etc and will serve well until the Mk3 equivalent unit becomes available.

Sidot

• Approved Member
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2015, 11:56:18 AM »
I very much appreciate the help and guidance given by people on here.
Number plates being fitted to car today and diamond bright tomorrow so there is a chance I could have it by the weekend !

guest5643

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2015, 06:02:05 PM »
Went for a short trip to supermarket today,manually switched off the Auto Stop Start which is supposed to reset on restarting the car,came out to the car,ignition on and the Auto Stop Start was still switched off,pleased in a way because I could really have done without this gimmicky feature,I would have preferred a permanent override switch off.The A S S (forgive the acronym ;)) seems to have a mind of it's own,on a couple of occasions if I forgot to switch it off the engine keeps running when I come to a halt??Please Mr Honda recall my car and sort this with a software flash so I have one less thing to think about when starting the engine.

John Ratsey

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2015, 07:18:44 PM »
Was it switched off or just decided not to work? The handbook (pages 404 to 413) lists conditions that would cause the auto idle stop to not function while pages 109-111 show various indications that should appear on the multi-function display to indicate which item on the list was the reason (I've never noticed these but maybe didn't look at the right moment). I like the auto idle stop in principle having had it on the hybrid where it worked well (except for when the engine was cold or too much crawling in queuing traffic) and expect it to work on my new car with the same degree of predictability. Unfortunately, my experience to date is that it sometimes doesn't operate when the conditions listed in the book indicate that it should and then I watch the current trip mpg display drop as the engine uses fuel going nowhere.

The auto headlights remain my biggest complaint. Not so much because of unpredictability (I am working out the rules - a bit of shadow, a few drops of rain) but because they come on when it's not necessary given that the car has DRLs. How are you finding your lights?
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest5643

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2015, 01:33:56 PM »
John,my grumble is that Stop/ Start cannot be permanently disabled via the switch provided,as I explained in my post it's erratic if I forget to switch it off on first starting the engine, sometimes it operates when resarting the engine,other times it remains off without me pressing the off switch,as you rightly pointed out there are too many variables listed in the owners handbook,not good in my opinion.The Auto headlights are far too sensative and stay on for quite some time,unable to switch them off,another annoyance,I have seen other cars enter a bridge and their headlights come on but almost immediatly switch off on exit,mine stay on far too long.     

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2015, 03:02:40 PM »
John,my grumble is that Stop/ Start cannot be permanently disabled via the switch provided,

That's an emissions thing - the car has to start up in its default condition as it was when it was tested.

(Unless it's a VW, of course. ;) )

Tags: