Author Topic: Frustrating wait for the 3rd generation Jazz  (Read 26606 times)

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
Frustrating wait for the 3rd generation Jazz
« on: January 28, 2015, 12:38:32 PM »
It is frustrating that the 3rd generation Jazz is being made available in more and more markets across the world, yet Europe looks like it is going to be the last place to get the new model, will we still be waiting in 2016? 

I am sure Honda UK would sell a lot more cars if they had the new Jazz and HR-V to sell, providing the prices are not set too high. There seems to be no firm information on when the new models will be launched in the UK or Europe.

The current GE Jazz is a car in a class of its own, nothing else seems to match it but I would not consider buying a new GE Jazz having seen what the 3rd generation Jazz and even the H-RV seem to offer.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 02:35:19 PM by csp »

guest4512

Re: Frustrating wait for the 3rd generation Jazz
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 07:59:17 PM »
Spring / early summer last I heard.

csp

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 08:13:40 PM »
The last date I heard was it could even be September 2015.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 08:15:39 PM by csp »

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 12:52:01 PM »
Honda UK sales are down + they need to shift current stock before entertaining a new model launch.
I doubt we will see the benefit of the Yen v £ the 1.3 'new' fit/ jazz in Japan starts at 1.3m yen = £7.5k + 20 VAT etc etc

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 05:40:20 PM »
I hope they are using the time to tweak the engines for European conditions. The current Jazzes are falling being the leaders' fuel economy. Last year someone picked up a rumour about a 3 cylinder turbo motor which could be interesting, particularly if coupled with an improved hybrid system, but perhaps that's just wishful thinking on my part.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Defender

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 EX CVT
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 05:34:12 PM »
The delay isn't such a bad thing, as they've had a few quality and production issues so they have time to sort those out before starting on the european market?
it's the Atkinson cycle engine that interests me along with the DCT gearbox.
2011 1.4 EX CVT in Metalic Mushroom (Urban Titanium).

guest907

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 10:42:35 PM »
Does the cycle engine have chain drive and 3 speed sturmey archer gears! (for you old bikers)

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 09:23:04 PM »
here is an American test of the Jazz MK3 against latest Toyota Yaris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhxUS1SnrgY
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 11:04:59 PM »
Honda UK sales are down + they need to shift current stock before entertaining a new model launch.

They''ve been building to order for some time now.  We bought a new one last Sept and had to wait.

I doubt we will see the benefit of the Yen v £ the 1.3 'new' fit/ jazz in Japan starts at 1.3m yen = £7.5k + 20 VAT etc etc

Even the US prices would be nice - around £10K for an EX with 1.5L engine and auto transmission.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2015, 12:04:19 AM »
i wouldn't be in a rush its being built in mexico and has quality problems with fit and finish so im glad i got my mk2 facelift

guest5211

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2015, 01:03:15 AM »
I received an email from my Honda dealer today, inviting me to peruse the new 2015 Honda range. 
The new Civic, the new CRV and oh dear, the Mk2 Jazz 'upgrade', with all sorts of 'complimentary upgrades', to spin out its already long, drawn out run-out.

I am seriously thinking of buying a new Jazz but at this rate, I may as well import a Fit from Japan.  At least it would be built better than the sub-standard cars that come from Swindon.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2015, 01:34:25 AM »
i had a civic and my jazz from swindon and they are perfect, rather have them built in swindon than mexico so this might be my last honda if they build them over there

kia rio next i think but not for a good few years yet

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2015, 08:17:05 AM »
As far as I have read in the press RH drive Jazz will probably come from Japan and all Civics will be built in Swindon for global market ( Honda have just announced investment of £200M in Swindon plant).  If Kia or Hyundai built cars in UK I may be tempted to buy one - but as it is ......................................... no chance, even if you can't buy British any more at least you can buy from a brand that makes cars here (and doesn't just have a staff of 50 people assembling kits shipped in from China like 'British' MG does to give a veneer of quality and Britishness to the brand).

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-3019752/Honda-invests-200m-Swindon-plant-build-generation-Civic-export-Japan-Britain-s-car-boom-continues.html

tour of car plants in UK

http://www.factorytour.co.uk/index.html

don't know where this idea that British built Jazz is worse than Japanese built ones originated from ???  If you want to see badly built cars look no further than France and Germany.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-2621358/British-built-cars-likely-pass-MoT-time-list.html

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-3039686/Honda-crowned-reliable-car-ninth-time-brand-loved-rich-famous-bottom-pile.html
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 08:55:15 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2015, 08:22:54 AM »
Just wonder if the arrival isn't imminent. I have just had a circular from my Honda dealership offering big discounts on every Jazz (Mk 2) variant. Clearing the decks?

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2015, 11:08:02 AM »
Just wonder if the arrival isn't imminent. I have just had a circular from my Honda dealership offering big discounts on every Jazz (Mk 2) variant. Clearing the decks?
This press report http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/archive/2015/04/14/12889174.Honda_jobs_are____safe____thanks_to_new_Civic/ indicates that the UK Jazz production will continue until June. Could one consideration be keep people occupied in the factory until they are ready to churn out the new Civic?
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags: