Author Topic: catch cans  (Read 745 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
catch cans
« on: November 27, 2019, 05:50:57 PM »

Discusses 'catch cans' that go in the pipe between the PCV valve in crankcase or rocker cover and the inlet manifold.  These seem to be especially important on direct injection engines where unlike port injection the fuel does not go past the inlet valve and keep it clean of the deposits from crankcase oil and other stuff getting sucked into inlet manifold and ending up on inlet valves.. 

Would maybe stop the mass air flow sensors and inlet air temperature sensors getting gunged up with crankcase crud on normal port injection engines as well...
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
Re: catch cans
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 09:53:01 AM »
Interesting and I see they start under a tenner on eBay. Anyone know if any of the Jazz engines are direct injection?
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

culzean

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Re: catch cans
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 11:49:02 AM »
Interesting and I see they start under a tenner on eBay. Anyone know if any of the Jazz engines are direct injection?

The MK3 are DI but not earlier models,  they are all port injection.  My brothers Suzuki Vitara boosterjet 1.4 is direct injection and Suzuki have done away with the EGR which in addition to PCV system is also responsible for putting crap back into induction manifold and some higher mileage boosterjet engines do not seem to suffer from inlet valve problems ( unlike VW group engines which are notorious for it ).
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 03:30:16 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything