Author Topic: On the path to a Jazz  (Read 1259 times)

yellownev

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: St1300 but looking for a Jazz
On the path to a Jazz
« on: June 18, 2019, 10:14:20 AM »
Hi,

A quick intro - New (second hand) car time for me. The trusty Rover 75 tourer is getting on and I no longer need the long legs on a motorway journey to Chichester I did for 4 years from the Midlands. Also a new garage (for the Honda Motorbike) means I need something a little smaller, more economical, reliable etc. I have always had Honda motorcycles and reluctantly sold my Honda CRV to get the Rover  - at the time I calculated it would pay for itself in savings on fuel when diesel was a lot cheaper than petrol, and the government were advising buying diesels !

Looking forward to deepening my understanding of the Jazz range.

As an aside my next motorcycle maybe the Honda NC750x - which i understand had half a Jazz engine in it ! So I could be a one and a half Jazz family !

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: On the path to a Jazz
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 10:43:22 AM »
To be fair it is not actually half a jazz engine,  just some parts like conrods and pistons - but NC750x still only revs to about 6.5K - I looked at NC700 about 3 years ago but bought a 2016 Suzuki SV650 instead - much more fun and really good MPG,  can easily get over 70 without trying and about 80 with a bit of care and changing up early etc. red line is at 11,000 and the 90degree V twin is a peach,  no vibration from tickover up to rev limiter and sounds 'boootiful'...
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 11:00:06 AM »
Good luck yellownev. I'd say your in the right place, I've found lots of good information here.

My general impressions are the Mk2 is a good bit better than the Mk1. That's if you can afford it, which I couldn't. Still I'm very happy with my Mk1. I find the air con is well worth it. In summer all that glass really has a greenhouse effect. In winter  can be prone to misting up with the aircon off, de-mists really well with it on. I'd happily have the 14" steel wheels though.

Worth looking at a few they seem to vary. Some seem to have a harsh ridee and stiff steering but mine with 112k is fine. Or maybe I'm not fussy?

"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 08:22:47 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

Tags:

anything