Author Topic: Major chipping on bonnet of 09 Jazz (plain red)  (Read 7154 times)

guest2987

Major chipping on bonnet of 09 Jazz (plain red)
« on: January 02, 2012, 02:03:26 PM »
Dear All

Has anyone else had this problem? I have found multiple deep chips (white showing) to paintwork on bonnet.Honda service in my garage saying normal for motorway driving, but I do not see this on other cars, nor on my old Fiesta.

I am desperate to get this sorted and do not think that DIY is appropriate as more chips appear after every long trip (100 miles+). Feel very dissappointed as look after the car very well, wish I had known about this, might never had bought it if I had, or at least known how to treat it to protect the paint.

Any advice? any other experiences?

Thank you!

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: Major chipping on bonnet of 09 Jazz (plain red)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 03:24:34 PM »
Other than respraying the bonnet there are protective films available to cover bodywork panels.

Try searching on the internet.

guest2697

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 04:33:21 PM »
I have had two cars treated with ventureshield a 3m product not unlike clingfilm but thicker and stronger. The first car was treated with this product over 7 years ago. It showed no signs of deterioration or peeling and protected the paintwork well. Recently the front of my new red jazz was similarly treated and the rear bumper/ loading area. They will cover any areas you require such as sills etc. All material can be cut /is pre-cut to fit by computer. Not cheap though at £300 to £400

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 08:11:07 PM »
yeah i got a couple of big ones and a fewer smaller ones on the bonnet and a few chips in the windscreen, its a real pain in the arse

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 10:15:05 PM »
I get through quite a few cars as a driving instructor and black and red cars seem to show stone chips worse than other colours, blue and silver seem to be less obvious with stone chips.

My last few cars I have had "Paintguarded" and I think its worthwhile, as it seems to help protect the paintwork a bit more.

As Jazz bonnets are quite small I would suggest a respray. Pay cash and iy should be £100-£150.

Ozzie

Tags: