Author Topic: Replacement Wing Mirrors For Honda Jazz 2010  (Read 731 times)

bobbyhondajazz2010

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2010
Replacement Wing Mirrors For Honda Jazz 2010
« on: March 02, 2023, 12:38:33 PM »
Hi there,

Looking for some help. I replaced both the wing mirrors on my Honda Jazz 2010. I bought replacements from a reputable UK web site but they are not original honda spare parts. I fitted both and there is the same issue with both. I can electrically move the mirrors within the housing but the electrical retraction of both mirrors does not now work. Have replaced switches and have now ascertained the problem is with the wiring loom i.e. the wiring needs adjusting in the loom or connector of the replacement mirrors. I have proved this by replacing the old scratched mirror and all works. Has anyone had this problem and can tell me a solution ie what wiring to change in the mirror or has the correct wiring for the car connector so I could work out where the problem is please? Otherwise I would have to remove one mirror and work out my own wiring diagram for old and new mirrors and then work out the changes required. This means my car is off the road for that time. An help much appreciated please.

Mr Onion

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 23 Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Advance in Crystal Black
Re: Replacement Wing Mirrors For Honda Jazz 2010
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 01:56:24 PM »
Obvious question, are you sure that the replacements have motor retraction? Not all do

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 02:07:49 PM »
Obvious question, are you sure that the replacements have motor retraction? Not all do

I was thinking the same.  With after market replacements they sometimes  use the same basic mirror for both folding and non folding versions, with the same wiring connector, but the motors are not fitted. 

If this is the case, and all else fails  it might be worth checking to see if its possible to  use parts from the old mirrors to make the new ones work, or parts from the new mirrors to make the old ones look like new and work.   
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Brakballe

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz II GG3
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 06:58:01 PM »
If the retraction of the original is shot due to a knock or frost there is loose gears to buy at fLeabay. Need be sorta handy to replace em thou but money saved.

Hopipola

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 Jazz SE 2004
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2023, 09:02:11 AM »
Just before you carry on... I once tried to take mirror housing apart... I regret it and you cant get in where the wire goes atleast i couldn't.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2023, 03:29:01 PM »
I accept you may not wish to go this far yourself but it might help others.  Removing the mirror glass might reveal  how the outer cover is clipped in place and the location and nature  of lugs that need to be freed.  Or it may give sight of, or access to ,the folding mirror motor and gears. 
 The glass normally has a frame on the back that clips onto the multidirectional adjuster cradle  inside the mirror housing.  It may  need quite a firm pull to detach it ,and a firm push to reattach it.  This can be scary as you fear breaking the glass - and indeed might do so.  At your own risk  :-[ 
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Tags: