Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: paint bubbling / lacquer peeling
« Last post by zesty_bum on Today at 10:59:49 AM »
I had something similar. This was on the extreme rear of the roof panel, alongside the high-level brake light, see pic. I got my local equivalent of "Chips Away" to look at it, he pointed out that there was quite a large area of repaired paintwork around it. I've had the car from new, and to my knowledge there's been no repair work in that area, so it looks like it was done before delivery. My guess is that, realistically, some panels will get damaged in the factory so they must have some repair scheme for that. In this case it hasn't lasted as long as it should. I suppose I could have got the dealer involved under the 10 year paint warranty, but in this case it'd be his word against mine about whether I'd had a bodged repair done and frankly life's too short. Couple of hundred quid to my local man fixed it.

Looked pretty bad in the pic. How long after purchasing did you notice the problem? Not sure how they can pin it on us when there is no evidence of bump  >:(

Unfortunately you need a really good eye when buying a car. I spent ages inspecting it. Looked as good as new when I bought it - like red candy 🍭
« Last post by zesty_bum on Today at 10:49:38 AM »
Thanks for the responses. I’ll need to get some quotes for fixing the bumper, but planning to contact the dealer in the meantime. Hopefully I’ll have an update soon.

Really have not enjoyed dealing with Honda from sale through to servicing and complaints. Feels like I’m dealing with cowboys. Once the sale is done they’re not interested anymore!
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: jump starter connection
« Last post by jazzaro on Today at 09:17:25 AM »
sorted ! , using a jump lead to extend the -ve to the recommended jump start lug on the other side of the engine
Cables should be as shorter as possible, you must reduce the resistance.
Then, the negative clamp can be attached at the negaive lead (not the battery lead, the metallic part "after" the battery sensor, what enlighted in green is ok) or at every metallic part of the engine (block or head are ok): the positive clamp is ok on the battery lead, you can open or remove the red protection cover.
« Last post by ColinB on Today at 09:15:43 AM »
I had something similar. This was on the top of the tailgate, alongside the high-level brake light, see pic. I got my local equivalent of "Chips Away" to look at it, he pointed out that there was quite a large area of repaired paintwork around it. I've had the car from new, and to my knowledge there's been no repair work in that area, so it looks like it was done before delivery. My guess is that, realistically, some panels will get damaged in the factory so they must have some repair scheme for that. In this case it hasn't lasted as long as it should. I suppose I could have got the dealer involved under the 10 year paint warranty, but in this case it'd be his word against mine about whether I'd had a bodged repair done and frankly life's too short. Couple of hundred quid to my local man fixed it.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: jump starter connection
« Last post by pebbles on Today at 09:01:39 AM »
sorted ! , using a jump lead to extend the -ve to the recommended jump start lug on the other side of the engine

Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Retrofit OEM cruise control
« Last post by german-hans on Today at 08:40:21 AM »
Anyone any ideas?
My guess is the damage was caused by the dealers advertisng plate  vibrating against the paintwork causing some slight damage, plus it was also trapping rain/wash water for  longer than normal at the damaged site. Made worse because hatchback tailgates pick up more than their fair share of gritty, salty road dirt. 

If water has penetrated  underneath the laquer layer  ,or worst still attacked the base colour or primers   I think it will only get worse unless its rubbed down to near enough bare metal   and the rust treated and relaquered  in some way .

On the plus side, rather than having to colour match and blend a large area of metallic paint and laquer  You could possibly just paint  the affected area, perhaps reproducing the  shape of the dealers plate . That way you could use any suitable colour you have to hand,including black .

. If you chose to replace the dealers plate to hide your repairs  you could try bending it slightly so it doesnt contact the paintwork   , but it might still trap water.  Same if you tried padding  it with foam  sticky trim fixing tape etc.     
« Last post by Wilmo on Today at 07:21:00 AM »
interesting that it's peeling around the parking sensor, suggests that has been out/replaced and chipped the lacquer.

try asking the supplying dealer about it as there doesn't seem to be any evidence of a recent bump from the photos.
I agree it looks like a poor repair job.  The respray may have been done privately to sort out some relatively minor  cosmetic damage without involving an insurance claim.    As such the Honda dealership would have been unaware of any previous 'history '  unless it should have been visually obvious to them at the time.   

It would also take the car outside any Honda bodywork guarantee.   :(

I doubt a Honda dealer would sell a used car directly to the public  if it had any insurance marker.

I would still confront the dealership about it. You may be able to shame them into covering at least part of the cost of remedial work  . (especially if they were involved in the original  repair, although they might not admit to this)  I'm not sure it would rust  but even so the clear laquer coat is unacceptable. 
« Last post by zesty_bum on Today at 04:45:35 AM »
I haven't owned the car from new - purchased it from Honda around 9 months ago.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10