Author Topic: Connect Infotainment  (Read 2493 times)

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Connect Infotainment
« on: September 04, 2016, 04:25:39 PM »
There has been pages of comment in here about the 'Connect Infotainment' system in the Mk3  being unreliable and requiring almost continuous attention, not desirable while on the move I would have thought. Fortunately the system isn't present on a Mk2.
Is it possible to have the Connect system only display the radio channel selected and the clock and nothing else ?

Vic.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Re: Connect Infotainment
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 04:51:42 PM »
I just use it as a DAB radio, or use a memory stick full of music if I am out of DAB or FM range. Usually in bits of Cumbria or the Scottish Highlands or border areas. My phone is connected to it but little used and I have had no problems with the system at all. How's that for tempting providence?

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 12:00:52 AM »
Is it possible to have the Connect system only display the radio channel selected and the clock and nothing else ?
You don't have to use all the bells and whistles if you don't want to, so just using it as a radio is perfectly OK, indeed that's what I do most of the time (but doesn't insulate you from it going wrong as described at length elsewhere). You have a fair amount of flexibility with the display but it isn't infinitely customisable, you are restricted to the standard displays that the system designers have defined. For example, when looking at a radio display you only get a small digital clock, or if you're looking at the big analogue clock you don't get the radio display. If in doubt, I'm sure your local dealer would be only too happy to demonstrate.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 08:47:20 AM »
Mine is never a problem once it's booted. I occasionally get the message about System process but you can ignore it or click it away. After that it's fine. I've once had the proximity alert screen come back for no reason and with no sound and a couple of times I've had a screen appear asking if I want to repeat or shuffle my music.

But I'd be prepared to say that my problems are merely irritating when you first drive off. Once you've got going all is fine.

Tags: