Author Topic: USB Kindle charging.  (Read 1751 times)

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
USB Kindle charging.
« on: August 26, 2016, 08:05:01 PM »
When Mrs Deeps plugged her Kindle into the cars USB port to charge it while reading, it displayed a message " Unmount from computer to continue reading while charging".

How do I do that?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 08:07:23 PM by Deeps »

guest1372

Re: USB Kindle charging.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 09:12:55 PM »
Use a different cable.

The one producing the error has all 4 lines (2 data, 2 power) connected, if you use a 'charge only' cable i.e. many of the really cheap ones, that should only have the two charge wires in; you might need to experiment at the poundshop. 

There's a huge variation - I've got two 20cm cables, one charges twice as fast as the other one, neither does data; my 2m cable is faster than my 1m but they also do data.
--
TG

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
Re: USB Kindle charging.
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 11:29:20 AM »
The one producing the error has all 4 lines (2 data, 2 power) connected, if you use a 'charge only' cable i.e. many of the really cheap ones, that should only have the two charge wires in; you might need to experiment at the poundshop.
And be sure to label the charge only USB cable. I once wasted half an hour trying to work out what was wrong with my laptop and/or phone because I just picked a cable out of the drawer and assumed it would work. :-[

Tags: