Author Topic: New regulation from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)  (Read 2469 times)

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
New regulation from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
« on: December 06, 2021, 03:24:35 PM »
Received this from LV= today:
Hi Colin, I'd like to tell you about a new regulation from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). For all motor or home insurance renewal quotes generated on or after 1 January 2022, we'll make sure the price you pay is the same or cheaper than if you were a new customer with us for a like-for-like policy.

This significant change will impact every motor and home insurer in the UK but it won’t affect your cover or the quality of our service.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: New regulation from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 04:29:02 PM »
The FCA are also raising their annual broker prices from £1,800 to £2,200.

For that fee brokers get nothing other than a list of rules to follow or they get heavily fined.

My broker friend and other brokers he knows reckons they are an unregulated shower.

Let's be careful out there !

ColinS

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 04:54:15 PM »
I suspect it just means that "new customer" and web quote prices will go up across the board.  But it may save me having to phone up every year to get them to drop the price.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2021, 11:00:25 AM »
Rest assured you will have "special circumstances" preventing you getting a better deal than a employed bartender from Somerset who lived with his mother and wife  and has no accidents for 50 years of driving :'(..

Jazzdriver

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 63 mpg
  • My Honda: 2014 1.4 ES+ CVT and 2022 Crosstar replacing 2021 Crosstar written off
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2021, 02:17:18 PM »
The FCA are also raising their annual broker prices from £1,800 to £2,200.

For that fee brokers get nothing other than a list of rules to follow or they get heavily fined.

My broker friend and other brokers he knows reckons they are an unregulated shower.

The FCA are the regulator of financial businesses, not their trade body.  The FCA's primary role is to protect consumers, not to provide services to financial businesses.  (They are however supposed to ensure a healthy market etc) 

Tags:

anything