Author Topic: Feedback on Mk4 jazz after 2 weeks of driving & living with the Jazz SR  (Read 1765 times)

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
Overall I am so far really happy with the car, but I have found a number of minor niggles with the Mk4 Jazz SR which I think is one of the best and easiest cars I have driven. The brake hold function is really great no more holding the brake pedal down at traffic lights to prevent the start/stop system restarting the engine like there was on the Mk3 CVT. The new steering seems much better and the performance is much better than the Mk3.

Honda sent out a survey which was really about the sales process and dealer rather than the car so was not able to comment on the issues I have seen. I will have to see if Honda are interested in owner feedback.

1) The Alloy wheels look good but are not quite what the seem to be from pictures and first impressions, the Alloy wheels are black with plastic imitation alloy wheel trims. I probably owned about 20 cars in the past with Alloys but not seen this done before. Even budget brand cars seem to be supplied with full Alloy wheels not ones with wheel trims.

2) The spec of the car lists 2 usb ports on the SR and 4 on the EX,but only one of the ports is a full usb communiction port the other is only a charger port, so you can not connect a usb memory stick and Android phone to the audio system at the same time.

3) The Core Communications for My Honda Plus are currently not activated (see separate post)

4) Like the Mk2 and Mk3 Jazz the parcel shelf rattles on the hard plastic support, so I have had to put some foam rubber under the shelf, the Mk2 & Mk3 seemed to rattle against the bulge around the rear wiper cover.   

Muldoon

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Not bought yet but looking
Thanks for the updates. Interesting about the wheels, they look an unusual design but this may explain it. I assume they are in fact steel wheels but with alloy embellishment trims fitted on top secured by the wheel nuts? One positive I suppose is they are easily replaced should they get scratched unlike a full alloy wheel.  They have fooled a lot of people if this is the case so a neat design.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
The car is advertised with alloy wheels so the wheels will be alloy. Black powder coated alloys with alloy trim sounds a great idea. If the trims start to show signs of age they can be replaced cheaper than replacing wheels. It seems like win-win all round.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Good early update csp.

The removal of the requirement to hold your foot on the brake panel when stopped to avoid the engine restarting is a major step forward. I'm all for stop/start systems on air quality grounds but I miss, from my manual Mk2, the ability to go into neutral, feet relaxed off the pedals.

Tags: