15 (4.8%)
Shining Grey Metallic
29 (9.3%)
Skyride Blue Metallic
10 (3.2%)
Midnight Blue Beam Metallic
2 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 240

Author Topic: What colour Honda Jazz MK3 do you own?  (Read 108840 times)

guest7675

Re: What colour Honda Jazz MK3 do you own?
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2018, 09:49:23 AM »
Of the eight colours available the Shiny Grey is the colour I would chose. it looks superb.

That looks really good.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2018, 11:20:32 AM »
No disrespect to Jocko, but I think the photo says it all, the car blends in almost perfectly with the floor and of course most tarmac roads!!!
I'm afraid i'm all for being seen, hence my choice of Milano Red.

Many years ago the Fire Service were considering changing the colour of their Red fire engines, to Yellow, because of being seen under sodium street lights.
As a result I chose Yellow for my first Austin Metro, but of course the change never happened and they continue to use Red.
So, if Red is good enough for the Fire Service, then it's good enough for me.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2018, 11:55:53 AM »
I respect your reasons. I have never liked red cars, but that is purely personal taste. Back in the day, red cars always faded and lost their colour. Perhaps, as always being an owner of old, clapped out cars, that was my reason for not liking them.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2018, 12:19:29 PM »
No disrespect to Jocko, but I think the photo says it all, the car blends in almost perfectly with the floor and of course most tarmac roads!!!
I'm afraid i'm all for being seen, hence my choice of Milano Red.

Many years ago the Fire Service were considering changing the colour of their Red fire engines, to Yellow, because of being seen under sodium street lights.
As a result I chose Yellow for my first Austin Metro, but of course the change never happened and they continue to use Red.
So, if Red is good enough for the Fire Service, then it's good enough for me.

Fire engines also have high power strobe lights in red and blue, which makes them visible rather than red of the vehicle.  Having your lights on at appropriate times makes you visible - unless you are orange, yellow or white the colour is not the thing (police cars and ambulances have either blue / yellow or green / yellow chequered pattern).  In anything other than perfect visibility my dipped beams are on, and always on on the motorway to hopefully save some numpty pulling out on me.

The reason red has traditionally been prone to fading is not that it is a 'weak' pigment, but that it is a colour that absorbs the high energy wavelengths of light,  we moved into a house that had a west facing front door in red and i had to repaint it because it used to get hot enough to fry eggs on.  Our garage door and front door now (white) stay nice and cool because they pretty much reflect everything in the light spectrum.     Put you hand on your red car when it is in the sun,  but I would recommend wearing gloves.

https://chemistry.stackexchange.com/questions/29445/why-does-sunlight-cause-colors-to-fade

according to this article silver and white are top safety colours,  with red in the middle and black at the bottom.  Red and blue cars are also the most stolen ones.

https://www.moneysupermarket.com/car-insurance/articles/car-crash-by-colour/
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 02:13:23 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest7675

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2018, 10:24:18 AM »
I notice that sunset orange seems to have a % following i myself would have liked the yellow in the sport but its not now available in uk it is in us.

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2018, 05:22:23 PM »
What annoys me is that in the USA metallic paint is not an extra charge.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2018, 05:38:58 PM »
What annoys me is that in the USA metallic paint is not an extra charge.

What annoys me is the car is a lot cheaper.

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2018, 05:48:32 PM »
But bear in mind that the US prices are exclusive of local sales taxes. So comparison with the pre VAT price in the UK would be more appropriate.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2018, 06:27:54 PM »
I always found that American pay in dollars what we pay in pounds. Groceries, meat, cars and electronics. They all seem to work out the same. The thing is, US wages are about 2.5 times what we earn for a similar position. I worked for a number of US companies and found that, as an engineer, I was paid on par with a filing clerk in the US. Makes you feel valued.

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2018, 06:51:29 PM »
The other thing that annoys me is that The Honda Fit can have adaptive cruise control and lane keeping assist which steers the car back into the lane when you drift wide.

guest7675

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2018, 07:04:36 PM »
What annoys me is that us is still operating in non metric gallons and its cheap we are well ripped off in uk.

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2018, 08:01:56 AM »
What annoys me is that us is still operating in non metric gallons and its cheap we are well ripped off in uk.

I never understood why US gallons were smaller UK gallons.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2018, 09:26:48 AM »
The gallon defined in the Magna Carta is 'eight pounds'. Wine for being more dense than wheat, gives a smaller gallon. This gallon was 216 cu inches, using a Mercantile pound of 15 tower ounces, but became larger as larger pounds were used. The wine gallon in troy pounds gives 230.4 cu inches.

The Guildhall representation is 224 cu in, but described as a cylinder seven inches in diameter and six inches high. This gives 230.9 cu inches, but rounded to 231 cu inches.

There were other gallons, such as the beer and ale gallon, which is 282 cu inches, the corn gallon of 268.8025 cu inches, etc. The US uses the corn gallon as the basis of a corn bushel, the bushel being a cylinder 18½ inches in diameter, and eight inches deep.

The USA declared independence in 1776 and won that in 1783. This means that they did not get the reforms of 1820, enacted in the Imperial Weights and Measures Act.

This act abolished all old gallons, and introduced a new gallon, represented by ten pounds of water, at 62°F against brass weights in air. This is the imperial gallon, initially set at 277.274 cu inches, but the 1899 calibration caused it to be 277.420 cu inches.

So the US and UK originally used the same gallon, then we changed ours.

guest7675

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2018, 12:11:45 PM »
I wonder if we will or can change back to the gallon when out of the eu.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2018, 12:19:39 PM »
Two generations have grown up with metric measures. When us old dinosaurs pass on the gallon will go with us. Along with the Bushel and the Peck, the Rod and the Chain.

Tags: