Author Topic: Lights on the Jazz  (Read 2746 times)

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Lights on the Jazz
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2022, 10:41:01 AM »
Here is a dashcam screenshot from the day in question. At the time my dipped headlights and tail lights were auto on.

I appreciate dusk and dawn but this was half ten !

Let's be careful out there !

Worthingmike

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mark 4 Jazz EX
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2022, 11:00:08 AM »
My car is shining grey and i am quite happy to drive with headlights on all day. It is surprising how early you can see a car with lights on in full sun against a car in full sun without lights on. I have shining grey becaus i didn't like the other colours. Cars today are geting more bland. Bring back the bright colours. My wifes car is bright yellow i love it. I would have one that colour and I am 72.

Worthingmike

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mark 4 Jazz EX
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2022, 11:45:10 AM »
My car is shining grey and i am quite happy to drive with headlights on all day. It is surprising how early you can see a car with lights on in full sun against a car in full sun without lights on. I have shining grey becaus i didn't like the other colours. Cars today are geting more bland. Bring back the bright colours. My wifes car is bright yellow i love it. I would have one that colour and I am 72.

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2022, 01:06:23 PM »
Seems to be an echo in here :D
Neil Ives

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2022, 01:09:18 PM »
Seems to be an echo in here :D

He has got BOTH headlights on..
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jayt43

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2022, 02:38:03 PM »

This is what's followed in a significant number of European countries. IMHO far more sensible, especially as you say, most cars appear to be white or shades of grey these days!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2022, 03:26:36 PM »

This is what's followed in a significant number of European countries. IMHO far more sensible, especially as you say, most cars appear to be white or shades of grey these days!

White is definitely amongst the safest colours, it reflects the whole light spectrum.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2022, 04:52:02 PM »
As in my post above, I need to assess the relative brightness, but in my posted midday experience position lights would be a far better solution than full LED headlights.

At the moment my guess is that position lights are dimmed DRL's, looks like the same lens surround.

I think the position lights are dimmed DRL's - certainly hers seemed very dim, when normally our DRL's are some of the brightest I've seen.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2022, 11:41:37 AM »
I had a chance to check today when driving towards windows - the position lights are very dim DRLs.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2022, 11:59:56 PM »
White is definitely amongst the safest colours, it reflects the whole light spectrum.

Not really. It tends to blend in more in gloomy conditions.

Not for nought is high visibility clothing fluorescent yellow or orange.

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2022, 09:00:44 AM »

Not really. It tends to blend in more in gloomy conditions.

Not for nought is high visibility clothing fluorescent yellow or orange.
Given no fluorescent colours are available white is probably the best option available for visibility, certainly stands out more than black or grey

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2022, 12:40:48 PM »
White is most visible  in most circumstances (short of a dayglo green paint  option  ;D)    Even red can appear  grey in  some lights .   8)

Although I assume I am invisible,  its a bonus if other drivers are even  slightly more likely to see you.  Makes up for the extra washing   :P
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Tags:

anything