Author Topic: reset TPMS  (Read 1086 times)

take5

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz 1.4 cvt 2014
reset TPMS
« on: January 07, 2022, 12:27:37 PM »
Hi Can anyone tell me how to reset the tyre pressure monitoring system on my mark 2 jazz.
I have only two buttons on steering wheel SEL/RESET & INFO. There is no information in my hand book.
I have searched on line but they all advise a process using up/down buttons?.
Any suggestions/ help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Take 5

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: reset TPMS
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 12:31:20 PM »
Hi Can anyone tell me how to reset the tyre pressure monitoring system on my mark 2 jazz.
I have only two buttons on steering wheel SEL/RESET & INFO. There is no information in my hand book.
I have searched on line but they all advise a process using up/down buttons?.
Any suggestions/ help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Take 5

Does you MK2 actually have TPMS,  the first Jazz to have it was 2015MY, which used actual pressure sensors in the wheels,  which was ditched for 2016 and the ABS pulses used.  The Civic had ABS based TPMS since 2006 ( 8th Gen ).  If the handbook does not give any instructions for reset, you do not have it.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

take5

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 12:48:03 PM »
Yes I definitely have got tpms . My mark 2 was registered in September 2014.

The TPMS symbol comes up on the dash consul each time you start the car.

Having now checked & inflated all tyres to correct pressure I need to reset the system.

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 01:01:06 PM »
2015YM Jazz uses TPMS pressure sensors in the valves, once the pressures are correct you just need to drive the vehicle to activate the sensors for them to report the pressures to the control unit, there is no requirement/process to reset.

Unless you have a problem with one of the sensors/receivers, this will then require a dealer to use Honda diagnostic equipment to check for trouble codes.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2022, 01:05:53 PM »
Yes I definitely have got tpms . My mark 2 was registered in September 2014.

The TPMS symbol comes up on the dash consul each time you start the car.

Having now checked & inflated all tyres to correct pressure I need to reset the system.

I believe you car will have sensors in the wheels.. which will reset themselves unless the batteries are FUBAR ( highly likely after 6 to 7 years )... which can be a bit pricey...
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2022, 01:56:23 PM »
Information from the 2015YM Owners Manual

[attachment deleted by admin]

take5

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2022, 04:58:28 PM »
Many thanks Steve M.  The information from that link is really helpful.  It seems that the handbook I got with the car is perhaps not the original as the same numbered pages in mine refer to VSA vehicle stability assist issues.

I will see if it resets itself - the system indicates its working OK- I may have to contact my local garage - where I go for MOT & service for advice / reset.

take5

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2022, 04:19:11 PM »
Hi - Just an update on my TPMS resetting problem. The system was working correctly. When I rechecked my tyre pressures using a pressure gauge I discovered that my foot pump was faulty. Once I inflated to correct pressure the warning light went off & the system reset automaticly.  I am fairly certain that my car has the TPMS sensor in each wheel system. .  Many thanks to those members that took the time to reply to my request for information.  This proves how useful this forum can be.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 06:43:36 PM by take5 »

Tags: