Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
New Members / Re: Honda Jazz driver since 2007
« Last post by shufty on March 25, 2024, 01:46:39 PM »
...Greetings  ;D
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by davejazz on March 25, 2024, 12:38:24 PM »
Even Max Verstappen experienced a braking problem! So now there will be more attention :P

So his Max fer Stoppin, was deemed insufficient eh!
New Members / Honda Jazz driver since 2007
« Last post by TheMagster on March 25, 2024, 12:18:25 PM »
Hello All,  I am new to the group.  Lucky enough to own a 2007 Jazz 1.4 Dsi (8 valve), since almost new.  Great little vehicle.  Do my own servicing, so interested in the mechanical things as well.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Dashboard behaviour
« Last post by munch on March 25, 2024, 11:42:24 AM »
My dashboard was all over-the-place last night  re unclear camera,  main beam not correct  snow warning at 6 degrees. Etc etc

What is happening?
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: EV Battery life.
« Last post by ColinB on March 25, 2024, 10:18:54 AM »
Am I right in thinking that 2% a year means in a 10 year old Mk4 this would reveal itself as  a 20%   reduction in its fuel consumption advantage  over an ICE Jazz ?    Instead of being lets say 10mpg better it will now only be 8 mpg better because it needs to use its ICE more often .Or is it more complex than that?   

Pedants corner: the 2%/year degradation will be compound, not simple. That is, at the end of year one, the capacity will be 98%, and in the subsequent year it will reduce by 2% of 98, and so on. At the end of year 10 it'll be down to around 82%, so slightly better than your assumption.

Second - and probably more relevant - point is that most of these "2% degradation per year" comments refer to a 2% reduction in EV range. Exactly how that relates to fuel consumption in a hybrid probably depends on a raft of other factors, not least how well the car manages the battery throughout a particular driver's usage cycle. I'd hope that Honda have done fairly well with that so the end result should be nigh-on impossible to detect.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Engine fans constantly on while A/C is on
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on March 25, 2024, 10:06:37 AM »
I dont know how this will affect whether the fans start and stop  due to a  thermostat.  But it seems logical that  the aircon condenser fan would run constantly while the aircon compressor is  engaged.  If the cabin temperature  indicates the  aircon doesnt need to run constantly I would have thought it more fuel  efficient to disengage the compressor (and the fan at the same time) .  If it runs constantly maybe the aircon is not cooling the cabin very efficiently.    Have you checked the cabin air filter? 

When the compressor engages it puts more load on the engine ,which may produce more heat. The ECU  may engage the engine cooling fan to overcome this extra heat, actual or anticipated.  If the aircon fan and compressor are not disengaging ,for whatever reason, ,maybe the engine fan wont do so either. 

A further thought, but just a theory. .  If you use the aircon in the winter  the system may be programmed to assume  you are using it to dehumidify the cabin rather than cool it. Maybe a cold outside air temperature  overrides the cabin temperature  and allows it to run for longer, as it wouldnt be easy to detect how long you need dehumidifying. 
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Broken driver's seat adjuster
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on March 25, 2024, 09:01:54 AM »
If you compare the working seat mechanism with the faulty one it may be obvious where the problem lies.

The connecting mechanism  can sometimes be quite crude  , with simple rods etc. A rod may have popped out of its hole or some such, and it may even be possible to reconnect it without removing the seat.

A quick search on google shows about 3  'how to' videos on you tube for the Jazz/Fit.

If something has broken that looks beyond your skill to repair you may decide not to bother trying to remove the seat.
On the other hand if it needs repair it might help to remove the seat, or part of the mechanism, yourself  and take it  somewhere  to be repaired.  If they can see instantly it might only take 5 minutes to fix, maybe a quick blob with a  mig welder to fix a bracket  etc,  they may do it there and then, especially if you are paying cash. And its not only garages that might have the necessary skills.

If they need to remove, investigate, fix, then replace the seats it becomes a whole new ball game in time,  labour costs and scheduling  in workshop  space.   

Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Micro sd card in dashcam
« Last post by Kremmen on March 25, 2024, 09:01:08 AM »
This was what I got, no longer available I think :
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on March 25, 2024, 08:38:39 AM »
Regarding EV battery degradation it's generally thought that the batteries only degrade about 2% each year which is a lot less than originally estimated.
Am I right in thinking that 2% a year means in a 10 year old Mk4 this would reveal itself as  a 20%   reduction in its fuel consumption advantage  over an ICE Jazz ?    Instead of being lets say 10mpg better it will now only be 8 mpg better because it needs to use its ICE more often .Or is it more complex than that?   

TBH   I'd still opt for the silence, torque and  ease of the hybrid system even if there were no  fuel consumption  advantage. 
« Last post by Bristol_Crosstar on March 25, 2024, 08:19:57 AM »
Regarding EV battery degradation it's generally thought that the batteries only degrade about 2% each year which is a lot less than originally estimated. 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
anything