Author Topic: NCAP Safety Performance  (Read 1610 times)

Expatman

• Approved Member
NCAP Safety Performance
« on: April 16, 2022, 10:46:54 PM »
New HR-V has been awarded a 4 star rating. Honda will/should be disappointed not to receive the full 5 stars, the HR-V includes a plethora of safety features well advertised by Honda, however, the 4 star rating is related to a general marking down in most areas with safety ratings in the 70’s and 80’s rather than the 90’s that many new comparable cars are awarded.
In comparison the new Jazz received a full 5 stars but included knee airbags and an occupant airbag (prevents occupants injuring one another in a side impact) - the HR-V has neither of those safety airbags. I wonder why not, if it is a penny pinching measure then it has surely come home to bite Honda who have always majored on safety. Disappointing to say the least.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: NCAP Safety Performance
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2022, 04:20:49 AM »
My opinion is that NCAP have gone totally overboard (bonkers) and seem to have people sat bored in offices thinking things up to keep their jobs.

I read only a few days ago that forced speed limiters may be introduced on new cars. That'll cause mayhem when they misread a sign or the GPS goes down or becomes inaccurate.
Let's be careful out there !

Tags: