Author Topic: EU(left-hand drive) car mirror replacement with an UK part (right-hand drive)  (Read 606 times)

kikkdrum

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2011
My first post here. Hello! I'm sorry I am terrible with the car terminology.

I am from EU, got into a little accident and my passenger mirror was broken (the plastic parts). I was able to find a cheap used replacement part, which is from a right-hand drive car. Would it fit?

Thank you!

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
Physically it should fit but the angle of the mirror stanchion will probably be different and you may not be able to adjust the glass to obtain the correct rearward view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Would it be possible to sit in the passenger seat and see if the passenger mirror can be adjusted for driver use ?
Let's be careful out there !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
I dont see why it wouldnt fit , as long as its the same style and design as you have now.  I dont think  there is any difference between left hand drive and right hand drive. All that matters is whether its for the right side or the left side of the car .   But you can check this from the part number on your broken mirror.

Most advertisers show the original Honda Part number.  The number will change  between designs and  also  Left and Right  have different numbers.    (Left and Right is as seen when sitting in the car.)

UK sellers may describe a 'right'  mirror as 'drivers side' or 'off side'   to help uk buyers.  But a' right'  side mirror should still fit , even though yours is a passenger door.

Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Tags:

anything