Re: Doh!!
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2021, 08:56:51 PM »
Thanks both and good to hear a positive experience! 👍

WelshBeauty

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2008 Honda Jazz 1.4 i-DSi SE
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2021, 09:31:19 PM »

After waiting over half an hour for them to pick up the phone (admittedly, not unusual for companies these days...) they started to process my claim.

Without seeing any photos I was advised that the repair cost would be around £24.

£24!
-------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------

Total price for their work is £370.

Thanks all.

Dave
I don't actually understand you posting
Is it £24 or £370????

DCJazz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Hybrid MK4 Jazz
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2021, 06:25:16 AM »
Hi WelshBeauty

The "insurance" company quoted an initial £24 over the phone as a contribution from me, but due to their very poor reviews I'm not going to use them and instead use a local bodyshop.

That's the £370.

All being well they'll do a good job. I've certainly got more confidence in them than I do Car Care Plan...

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2021, 02:58:31 PM »
I've read their on line policy document

http://www.carcareplan.com/fulfilment/Autotrust/policy/9887_Auto_Cos_Repair_Mar18.pdf

There seem to be so many exclusions  that a successful claim is likely to be difficult. 

Any damage deeper than 3mm (or 30cm long)-  no chance. End of claim    .

Although they refer to minor dents   being eligible (if less than 3mm deep presumably )   they exclude cases where the panel is 'distorted.'     So dents that can be pulled out with a sucker puller or pushed out and maybe planished smooth from behind  with minimal paint restoration  required   may be eligible.  Any permanent crease or stretching of metal probably will not.    IMO the damage in the photo would fail  both on depth and distortion.

If the repair  falls within their definition of cosmetic damage  (eg under  3mm deep etc )  but  cannot be repaired by conventional  minor repair techniques ,or filled with touch up paint (which they acknowledge may still show  ), or the repairer doubts a good match can be obtained on that particular paint  it may be excluded   .  But they might contribute up to £150 towards a body shop repair.

Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

DCJazz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Hybrid MK4 Jazz
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2021, 07:32:21 PM »
Hi Lord Voltermore

That's good of you looking in to it, thank you.

If some of this "small print" had been highlighted to me at the time of purchase, I wouldn't have agreed to it. Having said that, I guess that's small print for you...

Those exclusions, coupled with the fact that they seem a truly awful company to deal with, have led me to going outside of their "services" although as you said, I doubt they'd have gone anywhere near the claim anyway.

I'm going to email Honda over the weekend to let them know my thoughts on their alignment with this company, doesn't seem a particularly good service to me.

Thanks again for looking in to it.

Dave

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2021, 10:54:31 AM »
I was nearly tempted  to get this cover. Glad now I didnt. But to be fair some types of damage will be covered, so the cost is not entirely wasted.  I think my scuffed bumper photo would have qualified. I was able to do it myself quite easily, and they dont guarantee an invisible repair anyway.

It would be interesting to know if their exclusion of difficult to match paint finishes extends to  the Honda   pearlescent white?  If so why are Honda selling the cover?  A good match requires skill and experience, using the correct grade of pearlescent additives and even the direction its layed down (spray direction) can matter.

. Another possible exclusion here . They exclude non factory finishes.  Does this mean if a panel has  ever been resprayed there can be no further  claims for new damage on that  same panel.? 

While a mobile cosmetic damage finisher may be highly skilled at that task, much of their time will be 'wasted' on driving the van,  setting up equipment, flattening down ,masking off, buffing up etc. They may only do one job a day  With possibly rushed drying times.   A bodyshop can undercut them on price  by using cheaper less skilled staff  for mundane tasks ,fit more jobs into the day, and the sprayer  will spend more time honing their  skills actively spraying.

Interesting that most of the advertising I found for Car care plan was directed towards dealerships and the benefits to them in flogging the packages.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2021, 12:16:01 PM »
The dealer I bought my car from was also offering cosmetic damage cover and also a separate wheel policy - except for some reason they weren't allowed to sell the wheel policy for Jazz EX?

Perhaps the combination of plastic and black alloy mean the wheels are too complex for easy low cost repairs?

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2021, 01:21:22 PM »
The dealer I bought my car from was also offering cosmetic damage cover and also a separate wheel policy - except for some reason they weren't allowed to sell the wheel policy for Jazz EX?

Perhaps the combination of plastic and black alloy mean the wheels are too complex for easy low cost repairs?
I took out the wheel cover for my EX
Neil Ives

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2021, 02:16:16 PM »
Here is a policy document
http://www.carcareplan.com/fulfilment/jardines/policy/9600_Jard_Alloy_In_PH_Apr15_v3.pdf

But it does appear they do specially tailored policy versions for different manufacturers. There is a Ford one.

Polished and chrome finishes are excluded . And split rims..  And also excluded if the approved repairer (There is only one) fails to match the cosmetic finish of other wheels.  Does this mean if they try but  make a peppa pigs ear of it you're not covered?

I suspect the problem with EX wheels is not that they cant  match the alloy wheel. But that they are not willing to also cover the cost of repair /replacing the plastic wheel trim which would probably also be damaged.They are probably quite expensive at main dealer prices

They may now have come to some arrangement with Honda  (or is it arranged by  the independent dealerships ? )
Possibly some  dealerships prefer not to sell it for the EX  to avoid  disputes when  disgruntled customers discover the plastic cover  is not included . Some may be happy enough for just the alloy repairs.

Incidentally the Ford version of the Policy appears to allow for after market alloys  to be included for winter tyres, by prior agreement with care car plan.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 02:29:54 PM by Lord Voltermore »

sportse

• Approved Member
Doh!!
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2021, 04:50:54 PM »
I seem to remember reading that the plastic trim on the EX wheel is £100 per wheel!

If so, that’s a huge amount for a piece of silver plastic that just bolts on.

Toyota have a similar type of wheel on the Prius but you can buy different coloured inserts to style the car. It looks like they are around the same price too.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2021, 05:12:10 PM »
EEK  :o   Lets hope I never have anything that cant be fixed with some Plastic bumper flexible filler  ;D

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2021, 05:18:49 PM »
Does anyone have a picture of the MK4 EX with the wheel trims removed?
Neil Ives

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2021, 05:33:08 PM »

See this thread
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=12857.15

Not really suitable for using without trim.

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2021, 05:36:58 PM »

See this thread
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=12857.15

Not really suitable for using without trim.
A bit strange but if I manage to bugger up a wheel trim I'm not going to pay £100 for a new one.
Neil Ives

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2021, 07:27:46 PM »
The trims are a funny design - initially I thought they would be good for protecting the alloy rims, but I had a loan SR with the same wheels and someone had managed to kerb the alloys despite the plastic trim part that sticks out.

Tags: