Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Dirty rear & sides
« Last post by sportse on January 17, 2022, 07:15:17 PM »
...De-badged? embarrassed its a Jazz?  :-[ :o  ;D
The hybrid label on a car around here just winds up other motorists , as does the Jazz badge unfortunately :(

I like the car and chose it over a Yaris hybrid but everyone I speak to thinks Jazz is for people 80+!

I debadged my Auris hybrid and actually also replaced the front and rear blue edged Toyota badges with plain ones from the non hybrid version. The Auris was covered in hybrid badges on the front wings and rear.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electricity generation. The pros and the cons.
« Last post by JimSh on January 17, 2022, 06:58:09 PM »
More windpower without storage is a recipe for disaster.
(and I hope that the generators don't get paid for turning off the turbines when there is excess generation).
No need to turn them off if there is enough storage.
see 0-8min https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0013ptb/reporting-scotland-evening-news-17012022
Edit added BBC reporting Scotland link
last edit Changed lunchtime news link to longer evening news link
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: rear brake discs edge rust
« Last post by culzean on January 17, 2022, 06:22:54 PM »
Is it as rusty as this one ? ( PDF attached ) this was on a 4 year old Jazz MK2,  believe it or not this passed the MOT it said something like ' heavy surface rust but disc integrity OK'  or similar... I did replace the pair soon after ( I already bought the new discs and pads before MOT,  but just thought I would check if it passed ) -The MOT was at a Honda Dealer,  so maybe they had seen others the same.  Replaced with Eicher disca and Brembo pads ( Eurocarparts finest ) and OK since - maybe the OEM Honda discs were prone to rust.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electricity generation. The pros and the cons.
« Last post by John Ratsey on January 17, 2022, 06:09:08 PM »
More windpower without storage is a recipe for disaster.
Plus there will be the problem of needing additional power lines to get the electricity to England once Scotland is using (or storing) all it can when the wind is blowing properly (and I hope that the generators don't get paid for turning off the turbines when there is excess generation).
« Last post by culzean on January 17, 2022, 06:03:01 PM »
oh right, i thought as the rears needed screwing back down when you put new pads on with that cross on them unlike the fronts with just push in

Here is how the rear handbrake and auto adjustment work,  it is very clever.

http://cf.linnbenton.edu/eit/auto/ehlersr/upload/Servicing%20Front%20Brake%20Calipers%20-%20All.pdf

http://www.engineeringinspiration.co.uk/parkingadj.html
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Bettery
« Last post by E27006 on January 17, 2022, 05:50:35 PM »
Try driving with the sidelights turned on for  your trips,  the alternator will charge the battery at 14.4 Volts for most of the journey,  when driving with the lights off, the battery is charged intermittently,  note only;y the sidelights on,  the swit6ch in the middle position,  not with the headlights on.  alsdo go on ebay and buy a usb charger with a voltmeter to plug into the power socket,  so you can keep an eye on the charging system
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Crosstar Front Towing Cover
« Last post by cgokce on January 17, 2022, 05:24:50 PM »
Yes, it pops out with the pressure washer, i push it back everytime i wash the car.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Crosstar Front Towing Cover
« Last post by Hub on January 17, 2022, 04:58:00 PM »
Yes, I've  had this but only a couple of times in over 7,000miles - just pushed it back firmly and OK ( having first checked there was a threaded hole in there for the towing hook)!
« Last post by monkeydave on January 17, 2022, 04:41:01 PM »
oh right, i thought as the rears needed screwing back down when you put new pads on with that cross on them unlike the fronts with just push in
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
anything