Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electricity generation. The pros and the cons.
« Last post by JimSh on Today at 03:07:42 PM »

One thing we should be honest about is the folly of burning wood to make electricity. That really is a political con-trick. It's the way it is treated as a "renewable" so zero carbon in the country where it is burned. The carbon is safely locked up in the fuel.

Drax receiving subsidies from UK Government.

“The government’s plan to tackle climate change through planting trees is in flames as it gives over £800m a year to Drax to be the biggest source of greenhouse gas emissions from burning imported wood, compared to £650 million over five years on tree planting and woodlands.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/climate-change/news/boris-johnson-drax-power-station-trees-b1964331.html
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Doh!!
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on Today at 02:16:16 PM »
Here is a policy document
http://www.carcareplan.com/fulfilment/jardines/policy/9600_Jard_Alloy_In_PH_Apr15_v3.pdf

But it does appear they do specially tailored policy versions for different manufacturers. There is a Ford one.

Polished and chrome finishes are excluded . And split rims..  And also excluded if the approved repairer (There is only one) fails to match the cosmetic finish of other wheels.  Does this mean if they try but  make a peppa pigs ear of it you're not covered?

I suspect the problem with EX wheels is not that they cant  match the alloy wheel. But that they are not willing to also cover the cost of repair /replacing the plastic wheel trim which would probably also be damaged.They are probably quite expensive at main dealer prices

They may now have come to some arrangement with Honda  (or is it arranged by  the independent dealerships ? )
Possibly some  dealerships prefer not to sell it for the EX  to avoid  disputes when  disgruntled customers discover the plastic cover  is not included . Some may be happy enough for just the alloy repairs.

Incidentally the Ford version of the Policy appears to allow for after market alloys  to be included for winter tyres, by prior agreement with care car plan.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: New South African variant.
« Last post by culzean on Today at 02:14:57 PM »
Two cases now detected in the UK

Stable door and bolting horses spring to mind.....

Looks like another lockdown,  just in time for Christmas. 
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: New South African variant.
« Last post by UKjim on Today at 02:11:36 PM »
Two cases now detected in the UK
For Sale and Wanted (including ebay) / Re: K&N High flow filter
« Last post by Neil Ives on Today at 01:24:45 PM »
I converted a K&N air filter to use on my 1955 BSA motorbike.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Doh!!
« Last post by Neil Ives on Today at 01:21:22 PM »
The dealer I bought my car from was also offering cosmetic damage cover and also a separate wheel policy - except for some reason they weren't allowed to sell the wheel policy for Jazz EX?

Perhaps the combination of plastic and black alloy mean the wheels are too complex for easy low cost repairs?
I took out the wheel cover for my EX
For Sale and Wanted (including ebay) / K&N High flow filter
« Last post by aphybrid on Today at 12:37:54 PM »
Free to a good home if donation to McMillan of postage cost is promised.

K&N High flow washable reusable air filter (33-5027) – fitted for 2700miles to 2018 Jazz Sport. Removed at sale of car. Fuel consumption improved nearly 2mpg. Not economic to buy at new cost (£60) for fuel saving. Engine feels a bit stronger when fitted. No economic justification when full price paid.
This part fits the following models:
•   HONDA Fit 1.5L L4 F/I (2015 - 2019)
•   HONDA Fit Shuttle 1.5L L4 F/I (2015 - 2018)
•   HONDA HR-V 1.5L L4 F/I (2015 - 2019)
•   HONDA Jazz 1.3L L4 F/I (2015 - 2019)
•   HONDA Jazz 1.5L L4 F/I (2014 - 2019)
•   HONDA Vezel 1.5L L4 F/I (2014 - 2015)

This list is a sample of all the compatible cars for this part. Make sure this product fits your car by using the K&N part finder.
Free to a good home if donation to McMillan promised to cover postage value.

Two new, 4 used
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: MPG for those interested
« Last post by Mike Quinn on Today at 12:32:21 PM »

However not sure Is it the heater the issue or the ac?
[/quote]
Heater turns on when you choose on climate control temperature higher then outside/in vehicle temperature, more difference between outside or in vehicle temperature and temperature you set more energy will be consumed.
Heater also starts in summer if temperature that set becomes higher then outside or in vehicle.
[/quote]

Yes but is the issue the heater or the air con.  As You can turn the heater on but have the aircon off
For Sale and Wanted (including ebay) / Hub caps - Jazz - plain plastic
« Last post by aphybrid on Today at 12:31:28 PM »
Free to a good home if donation to McMillan promised to cover postage value.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10