Author Topic: Sticking Rear Brake Pads  (Read 3504 times)

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
Re: Sticking Rear Brake Pads
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2020, 11:00:18 PM »
My 04 Jazz Sport always had 'the crack' after as little as 1/2 day stood after washing or driving in the rain. It happens with or without using the hand brake and affects the front and rear discs. Tried using different brand pads, as was once told it happens due to the Honda pads being sintered? Made no difference but Honda pads work best and seem to last longer. Current 2016 Jazz is just the same. Had same with front discs on a Peugeot 306 years ago. Seems it is possibly a 'disc' feature!

It's not something I've ever worried about. I just make sure I have a firm brake at lease once in a journey to polish things up again and make sure they are working properly!  :D

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2020, 11:08:26 PM »
My 2006 does that every time I wash the car or drive in the rain. I seldom use the brakes, and my discs are all shiny. I never worry about it. Sometimes it takes a bit of power to overcome the stuck rear brakes especially as it is always with a cold engine.

plasma

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 mark 4
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2020, 04:31:03 PM »
My 2006 does that every time I wash the car or drive in the rain. I seldom use the brakes, and my discs are all shiny. I never worry about it. Sometimes it takes a bit of power to overcome the stuck rear brakes especially as it is always with a cold engine.

+1, same here.I find most cars do the same.

Plasma.

Tags:

anything