Author Topic: Motability honda jazz Badge Snobbery  (Read 1974 times)

guest7675

Motability honda jazz Badge Snobbery
« on: May 30, 2018, 11:37:33 AM »
Hi i notice a topic on the honda jazz being best value for automatic on motability at the which motability car forum you need to check it out someone said that the honda jazz was a low value car i suppose we know there are the bmws mercs and others that are higher priced cars but i think theres a bit of badge snobbery :o going on.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Re: Motability honda jazz Badge Snobbery
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 11:51:31 AM »
Keeping up with the Jones's, and badge snobbery has always and will always exist. It is human nature. Driving a Jazz you will come across the people who can't hack being overtaken by an "inferior" car. You can either ignore these sad people or play their game, your choice.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 12:03:58 PM »
Keeping up with the Jones's, and badge snobbery has always and will always exist. It is human nature. Driving a Jazz you will come across the people who can't hack being overtaken by an "inferior" car. You can either ignore these sad people or play their game, your choice.

Badge snobbery and number plate snobbery are rife in UK - In pretty much every other country in the world Honda get the recognition they deserve - they are certainly better value and more reliable than VAG and BMW.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest7675

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 12:25:25 PM »
To me honda were always the top japanese quality cars and i thought were pricey and did not used to discount much and held there value.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 12:35:14 PM »
To me honda were always the top japanese quality cars and i thought were pricey and did not used to discount much and held there value.

A wise man once said .............

"there are only two types of people in the world,  those who drive a Honda and those who wish they did".
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 08:14:58 AM »
Having just gone through the Motability system, I was unable to afford the car I wanted to replace our Jazz. We needed a vehicle higher off the ground than our EX and it had to be an auto. The Jazz is NIL contribution as far as I can remember. When I looked ta the possibility of either an HRV cvtor a CRV auto the initial payments were too high. As I am dependent on HM Government every three years to enable me to continue driving I could not justify paying out some £2000 more for the CRV auto.
I before signing up I thought the car was subsidised by Motability but looking at the paperwork supplied from the dealer it is the manufacturer that subsidises the car. The car we chose ultimately is a Ford Ecosport which retails circa £21000 of which Ford subsidises to the tune of £4009 including VAT. This I understand is the basis of the initial payment.
I would have preferred to have remained a Honda user but finances decree otherwise.
Yes  you can get a BMW etc on low or no initial payment BUT when it comes to an auto up goes the price,
Unfortunately being what we are some will go for the BMW over the Honda for snob value but we chose the Ford even over the years being Ford shall we say dislikers because amongst other things the Ford  salesman was oh so different to the Honda salesman that sold us the Honda. At the end of the day it is up to Honda to cough up.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 11:49:27 AM »
Low value might be right. At least in the sense that it's a bit expensive for what it is. I used to justify it (just about) by the CVT and reliability but the Mk3 fails on reliability and thanks to the engine the CVT ain't as smooth as it used to be.

Update: Actually after looking around at alternatives I take this back. There don't seem to be any alternatives that offer Climate control, keyless entry, automatic transmission, automatic headlights, automatic main beam, automatic wipers, cruise control, heated electric door mirrors, infotainment unit, city brake, parking sensors, lane departure.

And on pricing the Jazz is pretty reasonable.

Now..about that reliability :-/
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 07:22:37 PM by andruec »

Tags:

anything