Author Topic: Bought a Jazz!  (Read 2597 times)

ianfiat

• Approved Member
Bought a Jazz!
« on: March 21, 2020, 01:21:32 PM »
This morning I’ve taken the plunge and paid a deposit on a 2010 Honda Jazz 1.4 ES in red.
Looking forward to the delivery next week.

guest8810

Re: Bought a Jazz!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 01:25:10 PM »
I’m sure you will not be disappointed smashing little cars.
Enjoy your purchase.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 01:37:23 PM »
Hope it brings you many miles of safe and happy motoring. My wife and I were out in the car this morning and I just commented to her what a great wee car it has been. She had to agree. That's our ownership coming up to 4 years and 38,000 miles.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 11:30:32 AM »
Hello and welcome. :)

ianfiat

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 06:19:54 PM »
Well it’s arrived, but with no handbook, anyone know where I can get one for a 2010 1.4 es.? A pdf would do

guest4871

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 07:41:55 PM »
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/811004/Honda-Jazz.html?page=1#manual

This was produced in 2012. It should get you started until someone on here can come up with something better.

You can download it as a pdf.

I expect you can get one from a dealer at not too great a price.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 11:18:26 PM »
Well it’s arrived, but with no handbook, anyone know where I can get one for a 2010 1.4 es.? A pdf would do

eBay has many.

ianfiat

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2020, 06:48:54 AM »
Day 3 of Jazz ownership- flat battery

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2020, 07:50:10 AM »
I got to Day 33. Replaced the battery and it has been great ever since.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2020, 09:55:55 AM »

Probably original .

Mine is 8 years old ..ok so far.
Yaris d4d original battery lasted 11 years..

FordPrefect8

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2012 EX 1.4 Manual Red
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2020, 10:57:01 AM »

Happened to me as well  ;D, my own fault though. Replaced quickly with Yuasa 054 type (~£90 at Halfords) and it's perfect now. Could argue that it not only starts but runs better too!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2020, 05:37:29 PM »
Modern cars are harder on batteries than ever,  electric power steering alone takes over 40 amps so a weak battery can throw up all sorts of problems.

Try Tayna battery for best price -  Halfords charge about £15 fitting on top of the already eye-watering price they charge  - this is a Yuasa Silver - the dogs dangly bits of batteries with a 5 year guarantee. Also note it is 40a/h instead of 35 standard OEM battery  and 340CCA  instead of 290.. ( in the same size package )  every little helps

https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/yuasa/ybx5054/?msclkid=542e2f36fb92173ed54272259fcd6b5b

Even though posts are described as 'normal' ( which I take to be SAE large posts ) mine arrived with JIS ( smaller Japanese posts _ and a split lead adapter collar on each post to allow it to fit 'standard'  SAE terminals.  You need Japanese posts for Jazz MK2.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

MicktheMonster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 jazz 1.3S, 2009 Civic 2.2D SE
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2020, 08:29:32 AM »

Happened to me as well  ;D, my own fault though. Replaced quickly with Yuasa 054 type (~£90 at Halfords) and it's perfect now. Could argue that it not only starts but runs better too!

I changed battery twice in my 13 years of mk1 ownwership, both times I noticed it running better, I'd describe it as being more zippy, more willing and eager to rev quickly. I have also used Tayna batteries a few times, although I went against conventional clubjazz wisdom and went for Bosch instead of Yuasa, I found them to be excellent as well. As Culzean says, much cheaper than Halfords and a good service. Always handy to know.

ianfiat

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2020, 12:52:49 PM »
Battery charged ok, so not a failed battery (I have a CTEK charger that checks battery health).  Probably flat from sitting at the dealers for a few weeks followed by short journeys)
I don’t have the radio code card, so changing battery may be tricky, though with jump leads it should be possible to change the battery without interrupting the circuit...

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2020, 04:03:20 PM »
Battery charged ok, so not a failed battery (I have a CTEK charger that checks battery health).  Probably flat from sitting at the dealers for a few weeks followed by short journeys)
I don’t have the radio code card, so changing battery may be tricky, though with jump leads it should be possible to change the battery without interrupting the circuit...

Make up one of the attached kits ( see PDF photo attached ) ,  had this for years - you can even buy them complete IIRC.

Halfords sell plugs with flying lead for soldering, I used ones with screw terminals from Amazon IIRC
https://www.halfords.com/tools/fuses-electricals-and-fixings/electricals/halfords-fused-cigarette-lighter-plug-5-amp-208041.html

get a couple of wireable cigarette lighter plugs and a roll of cheap speaker cable - can get in rolls up to 20 meters .  one core of speaker cable normally marked with a stripe,  make sure to connect stripe core to centre terminal at each end to preserve polarity ( centre terminal is +12v ).  Need a second vehicle -  maybe a neigbours car - turn on ignition on both cars till radio comes on ( most cigarette lighter sockets not connected to power until ignition on aux 1 - don't turn past that on car you are changing battery on as you want least possible load on donor car and cable ) plug in to both ends and you can remove battery from one vehicle and keep power on - just make sure positive battery clamp on the vehicle you are changing does not contact bodywork or engine or you will blow fuse in donor vehicle that supplies cigarette lighter.... or the one in the cigarette plug if it has a fuse ( some do ).

« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 04:32:08 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything