Author Topic: Boot lock  (Read 4776 times)

guest5505

Boot lock
« on: October 10, 2015, 10:53:00 PM »
Ive seen a few Jazz's today without a lock on the rear hatch. My basic model S has a lock, but did the higher spec models have an internal release or unlock button on the key fob (neither of which mine has)?

Also, I've seen some cars with like a hook on the side of the front seats, what are these for, mine doesn't have them.

guest5685

• Topic Starter
Re: Boot lock
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 12:38:45 PM »
There's no 'hook' on the seats of my Jazz. (14)

guest4078

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 11:30:15 PM »
I think that post-facelift Honda removed the tailgate keyhole and just retained the under trim catch. The central locking released the tailgate mechanism, and this is what can sometimes cause the tail gate to stick locked when the catch and cable rust up. No independent key release.
The 'hooks'? Do you mean the seatback release levers?

guest5505

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 07:31:36 PM »
Hi, no its not the seat back adjuster. The hook (if that is what it is) is at shoulder level, at the top of the side of the seat nearest the door.

guest4477

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 07:50:14 PM »
As Interlock said they are seatbelt release levers,

guest4078

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 11:52:39 PM »
No, I did not mean the backrest rake adjuster. I thought they released the seat back so it could tilt forwards to facilitate long loads, but we don't have that model anymore so I'm a bit rusty.

guest5505

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 07:39:30 PM »
Thanks, the back seat adjuster is towards the bottom of the seat on mine, so it must be something else. A release to completely fold the seat might make sense.

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 11:57:52 AM »
The levers do the same job as those under the front of the seat. They allow the seat to slide fore and aft. Having the extra lever allows two things: Easy movement of seat forwards/backwards when folding the rear seat down so the rear headrest is under the front seat and Moving the seat back before getting in if you're tall and some shorty has been in before you  :D

Tags: