Author Topic: Service assistance  (Read 2203 times)

guest6089

Service assistance
« on: April 28, 2016, 10:54:28 PM »
Hi my second topic today. ;D

I'm looking at servicing my 03 jazz.i entered my reg on euro car parts but it brings up several different brands of each item usually required for a service.are these parts universal because I noticed codes such as vk20 so was unsure whether they will definitely fit my car?

Also I'm looking to have the gearbox oil changed as the gearbox is quite sticky and doesn't always go into reverse the first time I try.i know I'll probably have to get this replaced but ideally looking to make it last as long as it can.which gearbox oil would you recommend?

Also for the service I want to use good quality oil.my car has only done 25k miles so I want to make sure the engine is maintained so it might one day achieve 125k.which oil is best?

Coolant - this has never been changed.i know honda recommended 10 years or 120k miles when you should change so I'm definitely looking at doing this.could someone point me to a nice brand?

Thanks for responses in advance.

guest5589

• Topic Starter
Re: Service assistance
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 11:27:39 PM »
Hello again,

EuroCarParts is good but if you really want to get the best items you can go on eBay and search for official service kits. These contain all filters, Honda oil etc. Yes there are other very good brands of oil available but that is the easiest way to get the right parts. Mind you even if you want to buy aftermarket parts it's all good but never ever put anything but Honda MTF fluid in your gearbox. As long it's not whining you don't need to worry about notchiness as a fresh dose of oil will most likely fix that.

Regards to coolant, unless you are confident that you can get all air out of system you better let garage take care of that. But yeah you can buy the same coloured coolant as the one in your system. Never ever mix different types.

guest5589

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 11:29:26 PM »
Cox Honda have a website that list most service parts so you can order directly from them too

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 05:44:26 PM »
Use a company that know oil inside out - http://www.opieoils.co.uk/

Tags: